Florida Atlantic (3/15/24)

2 minutes ago, Coltonw83 said:

Some of it is just luck but its been wild how we went from elite in the clutch to just really bad in close games from last year to this one

To be fair replacing players like Perry and Huntsberry is very tough. It's one of those cliche things that say, "You can't coach clutch."

• Upvote 5

Just now, GoMeanGreen1999 said:

We lost the first half. Almost dead even in the second. 

He obviously means this team has lost a ton of close games and doesn’t close out. It has happened a lot this season. They were leading most of the 2nd, only down 5 at half anyhow

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Otaku said:

To be fair replacing players like Perry and Huntsberry is very tough. It's one of those cliche things that say, "You can't coach clutch."

Yeah I had that in mind when I posted. It was Perry and Huntsberry that were clutch and taking all the end game shots. Rubin and Edwards were pretty good but not on that level. Hope we can get a quality big in the future, feels like that’s been a weakness for a bit

• Upvote 5

Been a fun ride.  Losing Mac was a killer to the psyche of the team.  Ross is a young coach learning more every day.  I think in a few years we can build back but at this point we are at a complete rebuilding stage.   It was a fun run but the competition in this league is at another level!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Alright Edwards, this offseason slow down on the cross over step back three.  Next season you’re gonna be a juggernaut if you can just stay in control on that shot.

Hodge: Get us some bigs.  We’re freaking unbalanced.  

We need defensive minded guards. If Ross is going to be our dude, then defensive minded guards are a must. We also HAVE TO GET BACK TO MCCASLAND PACE OF PLAY. We played faster on offense this year and sucked worse. Slap the floor, bow your neck, whip ya dick out, and DEFEND. That's the bread and butter of this program. I'll high five you over a step back 3, but I'll fall in love with you over smothering, suffocating defense. 

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Tonto said:

We have 2 more guards coming in next year.  Allen is gone and Sissoko is a potted plant.  What are we gonna do inside next year?  Play MORE defense?

A-Scott is a junior. Sissoko plays soft, has a nice finesse game but he needs to play angry. We could potentially bring everyone back but Allen, who leaves a big hole that has to be replaced.

Off topic, I will never buy Lululemon pants after today. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's clear from so many close games this year that we just lack that little 10% to get us over the hump. Someone to put in a solid 6-8 points a game consistently. I don't know if that's another big since Sissoko had many games where he didn't get us anything, or another power forward with length that can drive, but we needed a little more consistency to make another run this year.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

CJ is the key to everything next year. Hope Rubin wants to stick around,  figure Scott will see out his career here and Walker has no more transfers.

Everyone else is replaceable. 

Yeah CJ had some really nice flashes, last game he looked great. Those three are solid, hope they can get a real transfer center

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Allen is a junior. Sissoko plays soft, has a nice finesse game but he needs to play angry. We could potentially bring everyone back but Allen, who leaves a big hole that has to be replaced.

Off topic, I will never buy Lululemon pants after today. 

I keep getting Allen wrong.  Announcers keep telling us how many college games he played so I had it in my head that he’s a Sr.  We have to get a big to take next step in AAC or we will be stuck in the middle.

• Upvote 1

Potentially, this team could, could have the following coming back. 

Jones, Noland, Edwards, Buggs, Walker, Scott, Sissoko, Cotton, Taylor and the kid from Plano (name escapes me). Pick up three bigs out of the portal/Juco and let’s roll. 

I also don’t think this year is over for with of our basketball teams. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Jones, Noland, Edwards, Buggs, Walker, Scott, Sissoko, Cotton, Taylor and the kid from Plano (name escapes me). Pick up three bigs out of the portal/Juco and let’s roll. 

They changed the rules so I don’t know if we would get an NIT bid anymore or honestly if we are as deserving as in past.

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I don’t think Edwards stays. Some big school will want him and offer him $$$

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2