Mean Green Moody Takeover - 2/11 @ 1pm

1 hour ago, AleAlejandro21 said:

After speaking to student maniacs, they told me that the budget for maniacs was slashed and there’s no money for a bus for them to take to SMU

The maniacs have a budget….? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Ray 1

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

They were paying a “student section engagement firm”  ran from some guy that built up Grand Canyon’s student section. Idk how much money they were paying him. The give aways like tv and Nintendo switch has to come out of funds lol

23 minutes ago, Andrew said:

39 minutes ago, AleAlejandro21 said:

They were paying a “student section engagement firm”  ran from some guy that built up Grand Canyon’s student section. Idk how much money they were paying him. The give aways like tv and Nintendo switch has to come out of funds lol

I assumed some giveaways might be from donors, but they get in free. I didn’t think it could be financially straining by any means. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AleAlejandro21 said:

After speaking to student maniacs, they told me that the budget for maniacs was slashed and there’s no money for a bus for them to take to SMU

The Athletic Department thought process on this...."It's 30 mins away and they can drive their own cars" 

On 2/4/2024 at 11:10 PM, UNTLifer said:

Does the train still run out of Denton?  Easy, inexpensive means to get to the game. 

Taking the train from Denton to the SMU campus involves two train swaps. Once at the Frankford DART station (get on Green line) and again in one of four downtown stations (get on Red or Blue lines).

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Taking the train from Denton to the SMU campus involves two train swaps. Once at the Frankford DART station (get on Green line) and again in one of four downtown stations (get on Red or Blue lines).

Rather do that then deal with DFW drivers and construction, even on a Sunday. I plan on taking the train from Fort Worth.

11 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Okay. They are college students. They should be able to navigate the intricacies of DART. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

They have these things called Uber and LYFT now.  

Chicago Pd Police GIF by Wolf Entertainment

They are also a more expensive option for college kids.  Get a dedicated train for the game and make the train ride a party.  Could you all send a couple of hookers?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

They are also a more expensive option for college kids.  Get a dedicated train for the game and make the train ride a party.  Could you all send a couple of hookers?

If you can't afford the Uber do you really want the hooker that fits into that budget?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Thread shifts to focus on Craig James in 5,4,3,2..

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2024 at 12:52 PM, UNTFan23 said:

Yes. The train is a good way to go. I took it to one of our football games in Denton a few years ago, and i take the DART train to work daily. I believe the day pass is $8-10 but students should get a discount. As UNTFan23 posted, you take Denton train to Carrollton, but you transfer at the Trinity Mills station to the green line. Take that downtown and transfer to any three of the red, orange or blue lines. Once downtown those lines are pretty frequent (maybe 5 minutes apart). I’d recommend getting off at St Paul or the Arts District stop. St Paul has a 7-11 at that stop if you need to grab anything. 

Then take one of those three lines north to SMU/Mockingbird. They have shuttles from there to the campus during the week and Saturday. I’m not sure about Sunday. If not, it is just a 10 minute walk crossing over 75 on Mockingbird to Moody. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ScottC said:

Yes. The train is a good way to go. I took it to one of our football games in Denton a few years ago, and i take the DART train to work daily. I believe the day pass is $8-10 but students should get a discount. As UNTFan23 posted, you take Denton train to Carrollton, but you transfer at the Trinity Mills station to the green line. Take that downtown and transfer to any three of the red, orange or blue lines. Once downtown those lines are pretty frequent (maybe 5 minutes apart). I’d recommend getting off at St Paul or the Arts District stop. St Paul has a 7-11 at that stop if you need to grab anything. 

Then take one of those three lines north to SMU/Mockingbird. They have shuttles from there to the campus during the week and Saturday. I’m not sure about Sunday. If not, it is just a 10 minute walk crossing over 75 on Mockingbird to Moody. 

took the train in for the football game that was on Friday this last November. no shuttle and every SMU fan i asked at the station ( all 5 of them) said they had never heard of a shuttle from the train station to campus. ended up walking it. it was less then a mile so it wasnt terrible

13 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

took the train in for the football game that was on Friday this last November. no shuttle and every SMU fan i asked at the station ( all 5 of them) said they had never heard of a shuttle from the train station to campus. ended up walking it. it was less then a mile so it wasnt terrible

I checked. It is the 440 shuttle bus. I knew it ran during the week because a lot of students ride it from the Village apartments to campus. It also runs on the weekends. It actually drops off right in front of Moody. Regardless, as you mentioned the walk is not bad if you have to do that. 

s440.pdf?t=638430672583560227

• Upvote 1