We lost Oscar ​😭

meangreenfaninno

4 hours ago, Shark84 said:

No surprise. He went through the Senior day ceremonies. Good player but don't think he is a P5 number one running back. Great backup at that level. 

I thought he was pre-injury, but not sure about post-injury.

Loved watching him play.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, ipd054 said:

He did graduate before this season.  His sister passed away before the LaTech game.  Lot of stuff going on in this young mans life and if he can better himself by getting his Graduate Degree from a school that is better for his major and or closer to his family, God bless him, I wish him nothing but the best.

SCarolina probably has solid grad programs, but it is 2x the distance from home than UNT

On 12/8/2023 at 3:52 PM, Graddean said:

247 has him 100% going to South Carolina.  We have 23 in the portal.  South Carolina is not much better at 18. Please. Tell me no tampering.  Oscar enters the portal 12-7 and is committed by 12-8.

Oscar went through senior day, whether he was tampered with on the 7th or not, he likely decided not to come back to UNT weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:27 PM, ipd054 said:

He did graduate before this season.  His sister passed away before the LaTech game.  Lot of stuff going on in this young mans life and if he can better himself by getting his Graduate Degree from a school that is better for his major and or closer to his family, God bless him, I wish him nothing but the best.

Could not agree more. Oscar was a great ambassador for the Mean Green and I will never know how Seth Littrell kept himself from ripping the head off of every single staff member at Western Kentucky after the disgusting play that injured Oscar last season.

about the 1:42:45 mark for those that don’t remember.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 12/9/2023 at 4:13 PM, Cr1028 said:

Could not agree more. Oscar was a great ambassador for the Mean Green and I will never know how Seth Littrell kept himself from ripping the head off of every single staff member at Western Kentucky after the disgusting play that injured Oscar last season.

about the 1:42:45 mark for those that don’t remember.

I could not believe the refs reversed the targeting call on that play. Absolute dogshit.

• Upvote 2

On 12/7/2023 at 6:25 PM, NT93 said:

I thought he was pre-injury, but not sure about post-injury.

Loved watching him play.

I definitely minimally he was a 1b starter splitting almost equal touches with another running back at the P5 level.  The talent  gap between really good regularly ranked P5 teams and mediocre ones that aren’t is bigger than what the media acknowledges.  The only places he wouldn’t likely start are places that redshirt healthy 4 stars that still live up to their rating when they get the opportunity.