Another AAC projected ranking list

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I can tell you this is the deepest and most talented UNT team they've ever had.  That is one of the primary reasons we formed the collective was to try and keep this team together as well as supporting other sports.  The $ amounts being offered to some of our men's basketball players from other P5 programs would astound you.   But they love UNT, and they want to stay here.  We are simply trying to bridge the gap. GMG

Isn't that the illegal part of NIL, being offered cash (bribery) by another program without being in the portal?

• Upvote 3

I have seen a lot of polls, I really dont think the people who put these lists together really follow AAC basketball.   I dont know how anyone does not put FAU at the top of their ranking, Final 4 team and everyone s coming back.  Memphis was a tournament team last season, they lost some players, but Hardaway did very well recruiting in the portal, so a solid #2.  Tulane will have basically the same team as last season, blown out by Memphis in the conference tournament and no post season invites.  Wichita did land a couple decent players, but they dont seem to have the depth on their roster.  UNT probably had one of their best recruiting years ever, on paper this could be their best team, but with a new coach, even one familiar with the program, a lot remains to be seen.  UAB pick up a couple of interesting transfers, returning coach, I dont see them being any worse then last year.

1.  FAU

2.  Memphis

3.  UAB

4.  UNT

5.  Wichita

6.  East Carolina

7.  Tulane

8.  USF

9. SMU

10. Tulsa

11. Temple

12. Rice

13. Charlotte

14. UTSA

• Upvote 2

To me, that's much better than Sidelines did.  There are a couple that I would move but otherwise pretty sound.

Since it affects us, I would swap places with us and UAB.  We beat UAB in last year's final and I believe we've made several  improvements.  I believe that they're downgrading Coach Ross without how heavily involved he was in coaching UNT the past several years.  They also downgraded for the loss of Tyler without looking at the replacements.

• Upvote 2

UNT and UAB are really close, I gave UAB the slight edge because they are returning more key players as well as their coach.  UNT has the potential to win this conference, but no one has seen this team play together under our new coach, its hard to speculate compared to programs that have been very successful under their current coaches. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/5/2023 at 1:34 AM, NT80 said:

Isn't that the illegal part of NIL, being offered cash (bribery) by another program without being in the portal?

Yes. Yes it is. But unfortunately for programs like NT no one cares anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1