What is your favorite North Texas helmet in all of history

Tommy Gadberry

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

No.  Exhibit A

UNT

America What GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Oregon

Excited School GIF

You think these are similar?  I rest my case.

This is B vs T, which is not what we are looking at.  My radar for stubborness is redlining.  Hard to describe, but I think you guys are making this a bit, intentionally trolling this topic, due to some heavily spiked Mean Green Koolaid.

That kind of post you just submitted would get laughed off a debate stage.  Stay in the DATCU stands, and remain outside of graphic design decisions.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

This is B vs T, which is not what we are looking at.  My radar for stubborness is redlining.  Hard to describe, but I think you guys are making this a bit, intentionally trolling this topic, due to some heavily spiked Mean Green Koolaid.

That kind of post you just submitted would get laughed off a debate stage.  Stay in the DATCU stands, and remain outside of graphic design decisions.

Relax.  You're pretty stubborn in your view as well.  Neither of us will change anything, so let's have a little fun and enjoy it for what it is.  Sorry, I didn't realize I was competing on a debate stage.  I will try to do better in the future.

chris farley snl GIF

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 8/20/2023 at 7:35 PM, meanrob said:

When we wear this I think two things-

This is the perfect away uniform. 
Why can we create the green version (meaning perfect) of this? 

I think should lean into wearing white at home.  For early season games it will be slight advantage.  For instance look at the opener this season.  Make Cal play in darker jerseys.  

I never saw the original Flying Worm uniforms in live action.  But the helmet has always been my favorite.  I wish they had stuck with it.  YES that 4th row is an atrocity.   I did like the green jersey of that time Dickey time period shown in a previous comment.  If they had paired that with the helmet in second row from the bottom, second from the right (full green SOW eagle, outlined in black, on white helmet black face mask) I would have loved it.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3

On 8/21/2023 at 11:34 PM, NT80 said:

You should check the team's helmet history pages for yourself. 

Oregon started using the feather helmet in 2012, NT in 2016.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

Referencing inconvenient facts gets you eyerolls and downvotes around here sometimes. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤣

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Relax.  You're pretty stubborn in your view as well.  Neither of us will change anything, so let's have a little fun and enjoy it for what it is.  Sorry, I didn't realize I was competing on a debate stage.  I will try to do better in the future.

No worries.  I think this a majority view, and us trying to understand why 2-5 people refuse to acknowledge an obvious.

EDIT: (to be clear) I am not the one handing out Puking Eagle reactions.

Would it surprise you that people get kingsnakes confused with coral snakes, because in your view they are obviously different?  Do you not understand why there would be confusion?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

No worries.  I think this a majority view, and us trying to understand why 2-5 people refuse to acknowledge an obvious.

EDIT: (to be clear) I am not the one handing out Puking Eagle reactions.

Would it surprise you that people get kingsnakes confused with coral snakes, because in your view they are obviously different?  Do you not understand why there would be confusion?

Seriously, let it go.  I see distinct differences in the helmets, you don't.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Seriously, let it go.  I see distinct differences in the helmets, you don't.  

I'm not trying to say they're identical.  Ours is clearly a blown-up version of the SOW.  What I'm saying is that they're similar enough to know the 2nd version (ours...and many other schools) is a modified version of the 1st (Oregon's).  To argue that point seems disingenuous, stubborn, or ignorant.

Regardless, I'll be in section 211 cheering (and sweating) regardless of what helmet we're wearing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

16 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Get It GIF

I am reading the room.  I know how ridiculous this is, and it is taking two to tango.

No one is saying they are identical.  There are distinct differences.  But we're trying to understand your position (and it belongs to at least one other) that these are completely unsimilar, and in your view there is no way one inspired the other.  By the majority and, IMO, anyone who looks at this, there is a TON of overlap in the design.  But, for some reason, not to you and the other poster.

The problem is two-fold: you're not responding to our curiosity, and you're not even trying to understand our view.

Keep being dodgy and posting gifs.  I am done here. 

Edited by greenminer
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:07 AM, UNTLifer said:

image.jpeg.eed37cb1d5b050a6d8f827f2971da231.jpeg

image.jpeg.69a7c6b2cda0872900a416024937ba26.jpeg

Guess we will agree to disagree.

The above is what I posted as the differences, not being dodgy or trying to ignore you.  Here are the differences I see.

1.  NT has two distinctly short "feathers" followed by three longer feathers and then the three feather tail.

2.  OR has six "feathers" that gradually get longer to the third and fourth feather and then taper back down.

3.  NT's is a blown up version of our logo and is positioned higher on the helmet.

4.  OR's individual wing shapes are different from NT's

Those are the four distinct differences I see.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 8/20/2023 at 7:24 PM, UNTLifer said:

Sue them. 

33 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The above is what I posted as the differences, not being dodgy or trying to ignore you.  Here are the differences I see.

1.  NT has two distinctly short "feathers" followed by three longer feathers and then the three feather tail.

2.  OR has six "feathers" that gradually get longer to the third and fourth feather and then taper back down.

3.  NT's is a blown up version of our logo and is positioned higher on the helmet.

Case dismissed.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I know m beating a dead horse, but like @greenminer said, I’m just trying to understand if you really don’t think the helmets are similar or if you’re just f’ing with me🤣

BUT…

I can find four distinct differences in most identical twins.  Doesn’t mean they don’t have the same DNA.

• Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

25 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I think we should just get rid of this helmet, go with a white helmet, center stripes in green/white/green and add a green star to each side.

Now see, that’s the kind of original thinking that will make sure our helmets aren’t confused with any other team.🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Now see, that’s the kind of original thinking that will make sure our helmets aren’t confused with any other team.🤣🤣🤣

We could even have a silver version helmet with the green star as an alternate.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ADLER said:

Are you referencing the facts that Oregon's school colors are Yellow and Green and that they had never played in uniforms that mimicked ours until well after they watched our Arkansas game? Yes, we looked INCREDIBLE. They took notice and copied.

Stripes Bill Murray GIF - Stripes Bill Murray Thats The Fact ...

I was talking about the winged helmet and so was the original comment I was talking about. 🤦🏽‍♂️. But let's go there.  Argue with the pictures below and NFL.com's history of significant Oregon uniforms, not me.  

IMG_1395.jpeg.f6f3c0b9e7bb6a1f8c73831cad2bc014.jpegIMG_1397.jpeg.b630e9558ca72c62c2b4506f643bd506.jpeg

Looks like any similarity between Oregon's uniforms and our can logically be attributed to them tweaking their 2012 uniforms.  Also this understandable confusion is even more reason to stop using the partial wings on the helmets.  I have seen professional broadcast pull UNT footage talking about Oregon and vice versa.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

I have seen professional broadcast pull UNT footage talking about Oregon and vice versa.

Really?  I would love to have a link provided as I have never, in my 50+ years, ever watched a program that confused us for Oregon or vice versa.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1