Is Dilfer the Real Deal? Keep an eye on him long term

MeanGreen_MBA

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

He could have the potential of a Todd Dodge hire with the support to hire an actual college staff.

Maybe.

Todge had previous experience as a college assistant.

Dilfer has previous experience (besides HS) at a quarterback camp.

I think if this works, it's because he brought in the right help.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Having the right staff around you can make all the difference, regardless of who the HC is.

Well, his OC was an offensive analyst at Alabama (not sure what to read into that) and his DC he got from……he was his DC at his high school job. 

I was underwhelmed with this hire. This would be like UNT hiring Jason Witten from Argyle Liberty Christian as HC, bringing along his high school DC,  and plucking away GAs/Offensive/Defensive analysts from P5 schools. That's pretty much the mixture of the UAB staff.

UAB has been a pretty solid program these last few years. I could be wrong, but I expect them to drop off a little bit. Hell people could say the same thing about us, but on paper I'm not impressed with UAB.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1