SImilarities between DATSU and TDECU Stadium Naming Rights Deal

Harry

Just posting this as a comparison as it appears that the DATCU/UNT deal will be similar what University of Houston did with TDECU, ie naming rights but also becoming the official financial services partner of the university.

A historic $20 million partnership extension has been finalized between the University of Houston (UH) and Texas Dow Employees Credit Union (TDECU), Houston’s largest credit union, to maintain naming rights of TDECU Stadium through at least 2034.

While the gift is celebrated as the most significant agreement of its kind in the history of UH Athletics, the impact of the multitiered partnership extends well beyond the stadium or playing field. The nonprofit financial cooperative is expanding its support across the University in the areas of financial literacy, career development and food insecurity. The agreement was first announced in principle last fall.

read more:  https://stories.uh.edu/2023-june-tdecu-extension/index.html

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, southsideguy said:

We all wanted local involvement and now we got someone stepping up in Denton.  Maybe it can more people in the stands

I didn’t think about this, but I think you make a good point.  You know all of the branches will promote…I don’t know really…UNT, the stadium, both.  
Plus, maybe free or discounted tickets for employees which would mean more local people at games.

• Upvote 1