Coppell WR Baron Tipton Commits 6/28

jtm0097

19 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

You have 7 WRs that could be graduating and moving on after this next season. What are you going to replace them with hopes and dreams? 

Traditionally. WR has been the position with the most production from quality walk-ons. I would expect that trend to continue as the portal leaves good talent without a home. D-line walk-ons don’t really happen.
Given that we have zero linemen on either side of the ball committed currently, I don’t think it is unreasonable to prefer that we land a lineman. Hopefully we can use the portal to fill those needs if we can’t get high school kids to stick. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Traditionally. WR has been the position with the most production from quality walk-ons. I would expect that trend to continue as the portal leaves good talent without a home. D-line walk-ons don’t really happen.
Given that we have zero linemen on either side of the ball committed currently, I don’t think it is unreasonable to prefer that we land a lineman. Hopefully we can use the portal to fill those needs if we can’t get high school kids to stick. 

Yeah d-line is the biggest need in this class imo. Also hoping for some O-line guys to develop behind the current crop that is primarily juniors, and LB as we don’t really know what we have behind Brown and Wood who are both upperclassmen. Looking more for quality over quantity at LB.

Get a QB, 3-4 d-linemen/edge, 2-3 o-linemen, and 1-2 LBs.

• Upvote 1