Breaking: Angelo State OT Jake Long Commits to North Texas

TheReal_jayD

• TheReal_jayD changed the title to Breaking: Angelo State OT Jake Long Commits to North Texas

He chose UNT over Houston, Texas State, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana-Monroe, UNLV and Ohio.

Long, who is 6-foot-4 and 330 pounds, played guard for Angelo State and projects as an interior lineman for UNT. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining and will arrive at UNT over the summer.

Standout Division II lineman Jake Long commits to UNT | Texas | tylerpaper.com

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

"

As soon as I got to campus, it felt like home,” Long said. “I’m from Southern California and moved to Texas before my senior year of high school. I fell in love with Texas. I wanted to stay home and keep the Texas energy and love going.”

The former Waco Midway standout entered the transfer portal after last season, when he excelled at Angelo State. Long was named the Lone Star Conference Offensive lineman of the Year and quickly picked up offers from a host of Football Bowl Subdivision programs.

First Daizion Carroll and now Jake Long. Looks like we're going for an all-Midway O-Line.  My daughter-in-law went to HS @Midway. It's not in the WACO ISD btw. The towns of Hewitt and Woodway send their kids there. "Midway" is that areas version of Plano.

Kind of like Boswell, which was always called "Saginaw-Boswell" in DCTF. Well, Boswell was not built in the city limits of Saginaw. It was built (in 1961) on unincorporated land between Saginaw and Lake Country. All the kids from Saginaw, Blue Mound, and Lake Country went to school there. It made for an interesting group of cars showing up for the morning drop-off and afternoon pickup at Boswell.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

"

First Daizion Carroll and now Jake Long. Looks like we're going for an all-Midway O-Line.  My daughter-in-law went to HS @Midway. It's not in the WACO ISD btw. The towns of Hewitt and Woodway send their kids there. "Midway" is that areas version of Plano.

Kind of like Boswell, which was always called "Saginaw-Boswell" in DCTF. Well, Boswell was not built in the city limits of Saginaw. It was built (in 1961) on unincorporated land between Saginaw and Lake Country. All the kids from Saginaw, Blue Mound, and Lake Country went to school there. It made for an interesting group of cars showing up for the morning drop-off and afternoon pickup at Boswell.

Yep.  Midway is traditionally a good program and from the "moneyed" area of Waco/Hewitt/Woodway