Multicultural Center Potentially Coming to UNT

I've been following this potential development for a while now but it looks like it finally has some movement to it. A couple years ago during the social justice movements of 2020, UNT promised the construction of a multicultural center in response to student unrest. While vague and potentially misleading bills in the Texas legislature could possibly kill this development, it seems that a zoning development pre-application was filled to the city of Denton... The location of the new building would be located on the northwest corner of the Union Circle (directly behind the bus stop by the Union)

As for me, I will always support new construction on campus, however state politicians still may prevent this from happening.

Perks of being obsessed with urban planning, you get a jump on new developments before they're even announced officially :)

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 6

8 hours ago, rojomojo said:

I've been following this potential development for a while now but it looks like it finally has some movement to it. A couple years ago during the social justice movements of 2020, UNT promised the construction of a multicultural center in response to student unrest. While vague and potentially misleading bills in the Texas legislature could possibly kill this development, it seems that a zoning development pre-application was filled to the city of Denton... The location of the new building would be located on the northwest corner of the Union Circle (directly behind the bus stop by the Union)

As for me, I will always support new construction on campus, however state politicians still may prevent this from happening.

Perks of being obsessed with urban planning, you get a jump on new developments before they're even announced officially :)

First I am hearing of this and have to say I am pretty jazzed.  Will they have some big screen TV's and such for showing games I hope?

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1

Before all the right wingers come and lose their shit over this, UNT has always had solid multicultural center programming: https://idea.unt.edu/multicultural-center

It's nice that they'll move this out of the Union and into their own building.

• Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, meanJewGreen said:

Before all the right wingers come and lose their shit over this, UNT has always had solid multicultural center programming: https://idea.unt.edu/multicultural-center

It's nice that they'll move this out of the Union and into their own building.

Why target "right wingers" with your comment.  I don't think anyone is against cultural diversity.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Why target "right wingers" with your comment.  I don't think anyone is against cultural diversity.

shut up, don't encourage him\her\they\them to change their biased views

😉

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

So you think those 5 puking eagle reactions are upset about the construction of new buildings on campus?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MDH said:

So you think those 5 puking eagle reactions are upset about the construction of new buildings on campus?

So you think those are "right-wingers" responding with the now 6 puking eagles?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

17 hours ago, untbowler said:

shut up, don't encourage him\her\they\them to change their biased views

😉

My pronouns are actually Mean/Green 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3