interim coach now           
Mark Adams 2021-23 43-25 0 1 0
Chris Beard 2016-21 112-55 1 3 0
Tubby Smith 2013-16 46-50 0 1 0
Chris Walker (int.) 2012-13 11-20 0 0 0
Billy Gillispie 2011-12 8-23 0 0 0
Pat Knight 2008-11 50-61 0 0 0
Bob Knight 2001-08

Texas Tech may hire him but I think he will not stay there but rather end up in the more prestigious SEC or BIG 10 (since they now know who he is).🤠

•••• A Final 4 berth for Coach  McCasland & the Mean Green may now be an easier feat in the American Athletic Conference than a revised Big 12. *** FAU has become living proof of that

Wherever you land, Coach McCasland, you know we’ll be pulling for you all—the—way!  We just all hope (somehow) that will be in Denton-Texas-America!🇺🇸 

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 6

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to 🔻▪️🔻Texas Tech has had their fair share of replacing coaches since 2001

The SEC and Big 10 are more prestigious historically than the Big 8/12, but of the two I'd only put the SEC above the Big 12 the last twenty five years.  The Big 10 has one national title in that time span, and that was in 2000.  They've made some Final Fouls where they didn't take it all the way, but I think I'd still rather be the Big 12 (even if it's mostly been Kansas pulling the cart for most of the last two decades plus).

Best two leagues in that span have been the ACC and Big East.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:
interim coach now           
Mark Adams 2021-23 43-25 0 1 0
Chris Beard 2016-21 112-55 1 3 0
Tubby Smith 2013-16 46-50 0 1 0
Chris Walker (int.) 2012-13 11-20 0 0 0
Billy Gillispie 2011-12 8-23 0 0 0
Pat Knight 2008-11 50-61 0 0 0
Bob Knight 2001-08

Texas Tech may hire him but I think he will not stay there but rather end up in the more prestigious SEC or BIG 10 (since they now know who he is).🤠

•••• A Final 4 berth for Coach  McCasland & the Mean Green may now be an easier feat in the American Athletic Conference than a revised Big 12. *** FAU has become living proof of that

Wherever you land, Coach McCasland, you know we’ll be pulling for you all—the—way!  We just all hope (somehow) that will be in Denton-Texas-America!🇺🇸 

GMG! 

Man, look at all of that historic prestige in Lubbock. Some kind of basketball graceland. 

I'll go on record... by the time his tenure in Lubbock is over he will have coached longer at UNT, have a better win % at UNT and win more championships at UNT (he will win 0 Lubbock). 

But, good luck with all that. 

• Upvote 3

If UNT is not being proactive with a multi-year contract extension  with significant salary raise & bonus monies scenarios then that’s on us.  THERE!  I SAID IT! 
Should we have a wager with how soon anyone on the ESPN broadcast team says: “Don’t look for Grant to be on the Mean Green sideline next year?”  (Fran & the sideline reporter fought for that honor early last night). 

Last year it was a cinch with some posters on GMG that SMU would flash a few dollars at our Coach & he would be gone ASAP for University Park & in a Highland Park minute.He politely told SMU officials “thanks but no thanks” stayed in Denton yet no ESPN broadcasters in the 2023 NIT has yet to evention mention that story— have they?

._______________________
JUST ONE MORE THING!
 Amazing how a Texas school catches lightning  in a bottle & then how everyone suddenly wants a piece of what you have or—a piece of you.

Ask Elaine & Mr. Constanza  how that works.

GMG!  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Should we have a wager with how soon anyone on the ESPN broadcast team says: “Don’t look for Grant to be on the Mean Green sideline next year?”  

Fran Fraschilla pretty much said that last night on the NIT semifinal broadcast.

• Upvote 1

I took a look at Tech's 247 board on the last few pages of their coaching search thread (there are close to 160 pages). There seem to be many positive comments about our team, and they have certainly jumped on Grant's bandwagon. I would hate to see him move on, but I will wish him the best if he does.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1