Chandler Rogers observation

El Paso Eagle

• El Paso Eagle changed the title to Chandler Rogers observation

I just watched his game against Texas State. ULM was terrible on defense. Their offense was pretty good. Almost every play I watched, the ball was out of his hand within 3 seconds. He also was pretty good at evading pressure and using his legs to get a first down. There were a couple of plays where his WR was wide open and he got a little excited and overthrew his WR. He will need to work on adding a little touch to his throws. Overall, I'm still very excited about this pick up.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Was able to watch some highlights 

O Line was bad and receivers dropped several

Quick release.....(2)

He stayed calm under pressure..(1)

During their 9th game, the announcers commented his completion percentage During the 4th quarter for the year was 81%

Glad he will be here for the Spring. If he's not the day 1 starter then someone on the team has really stepped up. 

Two very good traits.

• Upvote 1

I found some additional information on Chandler Rogers.  I couldn't find the reference to copy it to this location but I did copy the page:

PERSONAL:  Born in Dallas, Texas...earned academic all-district honors for three years in high school...named to the Dean's List

ATHLETICS:  Earned first-team all-district honors as a quarterback at Mansfield Lake Ridge High School...named the district's MVP...was a Built Ford Tough Texas High School Football Player of the Year nominee...Inducted into the NFF Gridiron Club of Dallas Chapter... passed for 2,233 yards, rushed for 1,176 yards and scored 34 total touchdowns en route to leading Mansfield Lake Ridge to an appearance in the third round of the state playoffs...was ranked as the No. 45 dual-threat quarterback in the country and No. 265 overall prospect in the state, per 247 Sports Composite...was a three-star prospect by 24/7 and a two-star by Rivals...also ran track in high school...transferred from the University of Southern Mississippi.+

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1