Breaking: North Texas lands Louisiana Safety Transfer

TheReal_jayD

Not necessarily motivation.  Just positioning, footwork, and preparation.

Lack of the above can make football players look slow.

I also think of leverage.  A good position coach should be coaching up fundamentals and, with that, leverage.  That plays into strength (err, the appearance of strength)

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Small and slow, that's why we have been curb stomped by mostly all good OOC teams

I always thought it was because most of the teams were better than NT.

I see this a lot here, how small NT is.  They are not particularly small or slow when compared to G5 competition. 

Unless you have access to auto-timed track speed; it is very difficult to gauge a players' speed.  Mostly all 40 times are problematic.  Wind, surface, timing, etc. are all factors.  Most times quoted are obviously the best ever recorded by an athlete or sometimes just made up. 

Also running in shorts on a track is a lot different than full pads with someone chasing you.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You can also be very fast, but if your reaction timing is off even the slightest, someone not as fast can get there before you.

Watch his tape.  Good play recognition, reactions and covers the field well.

I want to see what Harold West and Dillion Williams can do.  Both came here highly regarded.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

I guess the staff was not optimistic about SOC’s Safety Taylor Starling. Was committed to Colorado but needed a new home with the coaching change. Committed to Texas State as their highest rated recruit in history. Didn’t sign after UNT, UTSA and other’s offered. 

The fastest kid at SOC with a 10.47 time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3