1977 TV news sports clip of Coach Bill Blakeley with Mean Green vs UTA

NT80

3 hours ago, cogido said:

The Blakeley years and teams were so electric. Remember Stan Blackman intimidating SMU when we played them at Moody. Great years in the Super Pit.

I am going to be a little negative about Blakeley, he won primarily with Robbins recruits.  He added a needed point guard (weasel Johnson, great moniker) , but the rest of the team were there because of Robbins and Tubbs. 

As for the SMU game which I attended, Ira Terrell was SMU's star and had a great game.  Blackman gave NT a presence in the paint and NT won a close game.  

I think this was the game, were Sonny Allen proclaimed he would never schedule NTSU again.  That publicity when SMU played their last game in Denton for a long time (maybe forever, can't remember if they have played at NT again) resulted in what is still the record crowd for a NT basketball game in the SPit. 

• Eye Roll 1