Jimbo playing 4D Chess

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to some family friends today who are booster’s about A&M potentially firing Jimbo. Apparently A&M has already found him to be in breach of his contract and can fire him for significantly less than everyone thinks. And him being fired is a very real possibility now. Before the Auburn game nobody saw it as being very likely but after that miserable performance the boosters, fans, students and AD are ready to move on. Still though, A&M is worried players will transfer like crazy if hes fired which makes them hesitant to do it with how much talent is on the team currently.

Edited by MeanGreen4Life1998
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

7 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Spoke to some family friends today who are booster’s about A&M potentially firing Jimbo. Apparently A&M has already found him to be in breach of his contract and can fire him for significantly less than everyone thinks. And him being fired is a very real possibility now. Before the Auburn game nobody saw it as being very likely but after that miserable performance the boosters, fans, students and AD are ready to move on. Still though, A&M is worried players will transfer like crazy if hes fired which makes them hesitant to do it with how much talent is on the team currently.

The transfer portal is huge wildcard.  It’s a different ballgame now. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Significantly less is still a crap ton. Also These things may not necessarily play out in court as boosters imagine. Didn't work out well for some, here it is about even more money. That is a high risk for the AD and president to take.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m just curious who they have their eye on that they think will do better than Jimbo. He is having an atrocious year but hasn’t been terrible outside of this season.

I believe he's now -6 of Kevin Sumlin's record after the same amount of games played. The difference, besides him being objectively worse than Kevin Sumlin, is he's being paid twice as much. 

This was given to Jimbo Fisher after he was hired...

Screenshot_20221105-233633_Twitter.jpg

46 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I believe he's now -6 of Kevin Sumlin's record after the same amount of games played. The difference, besides him being objectively worse than Kevin Sumlin, is he's being paid twice as much. 

No I get that but in addition to throwing out the old, you have to bring in something new and better. I am not arguing that he should get to stick around, I am wondering who they have their eye on that they think can win in College Station because nobody really has since RC.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

No I get that but in addition to throwing out the old, you have to bring in something new and better. I am not arguing that he should get to stick around, I am wondering who they have their eye on that they think can win on College Station because nobody really has since RC.

Well, I'm not sure. 2 choices: Stay the course and roll with status quo or make a very, very expensive change. I hope their little cult down there falls in football purgatory, but if I'm an ATM alum I would be definitely siding with making a change.* Fisher is 3-7 in year 5 with boatloads of resources and a fat salary. Pretty inexcusable. 

*Those that negotiated the current contract with the school can't be in the same state when a new hire is made. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

The real difference is this is the highest paid team in college football with the NIL money. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Can A&M paid an $86 million buy out for Jimbo - yes, they certainly can. Is that amount inconsequential to them? No, most definitely NOT.  You can be certain the donors to the buy out will be expecting a home run coach or will insist on firing the athletic director AND the coach very quickly. Aggies are not patient.  

• Downvote 1

The other problem with A&M and Jimbo that puts pressure on them....UT is coming. $86 million is a lot of money but Aggies would pay much more than that to make sure they don't lose to UT. ESPECIALLY since they've been in the SEC for longer and haven't done anything. Can you imagine what would happen if UT showed up and started having more success than A&M? 

They'd burn the campus down.

22 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The other problem with A&M and Jimbo that puts pressure on them....UT is coming. $86 million is a lot of money but Aggies would pay much more than that to make sure they don't lose to UT. ESPECIALLY since they've been in the SEC for longer and haven't done anything. Can you imagine what would happen if UT showed up and started having more success than A&M? 

They'd burn the campus down.

Texas was and still is a dumpster fire. They wont surpass A&M while Sark is HC. He cant win in the Big 12

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Lol yeah ignore Texas paying $4m for Ewers. They definitely aren’t paying a ton for their team 

No one in college football will out spend Texas or A&M. I think you get a clue by the recruiting class or bought class this year.

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Jimbo says that he is assisted in play-calling with Darrell Dickey and Joe Coley, both Co-Offensive Coordinators.  Darrell was a quarterback at Kansas State and I believe that he called the plays when he was at Memphis.  I don't really know who called the plays when he was here.

DD did call plays at Memphis. Jimbo calls all plays at A&M with recommendations from DD and Coley. Jimbo is a control freak

• Thanks 1