Jump to content

‘23 JUCO OL Judea Milon (Tyler JC)


Recommended Posts

On 9/22/2022 at 2:43 PM, southsideguy said:

Kinda wonder why we are recruiting, if SL is let go at the end of the season or will he be let go?????????

On 9/22/2022 at 3:20 PM, cousin oliver said:

@Wren why are we allowing this staff to recruit players?  It makes no sense to me.

The staff is going to operate as if they will be here next season until they are told they are not. As for benefit, even if there is a coaching staff change, there are almost always players who a previous staff recruits who the next staff benefits from those recruiting efforts.

Examples there are Rico Bussey in football and Umoja Gibson in basketball. Bussey was offered by McCarney and Gibson was offered by Benford, and when the new coaches took over, they picked up where the old staff left off on those players and landed their commitments/signings.

And that is EXCLUDING players who are committed under the previous staff and end up staying committed through the coaching change. Obviously that happens too. The program can’t just stop recruiting.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

The program can’t just stop recruiting.

How far back are we in recruiting this cycle? Things have changed with early signing and I'm not the most knowledgeable, well in anything, but especially not college football recruiting timelines. Is this about the same as previous years? Feels like the most quiet recruiting cycle we've had since... well... the last coaching change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

How far back are we in recruiting this cycle? Things have changed with early signing and I'm not the most knowledgeable, well in anything, but especially not college football recruiting timelines. Is this about the same as previous years? Feels like the most quiet recruiting cycle we've had since... well... the last coaching change.

The current roster only has 8 scholarship seniors. So there are not many spots currently available for the recruiting class. And when guys transfer out, their spot usually gets filled by a player coming in from the portal, rather than a traditional recruit

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

The current roster only has 8 scholarship seniors. So there are not many spots currently available for the recruiting class. And when guys transfer out, their spot usually gets filled by a player coming in from the portal, rather than a traditional recruit

So we shouldn't panic yet about this high-school recruiting cycle and the portal will be more indicative of what's to come?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, southsideguy said:

I guess the new coach could resend the offers of the previous coach.  SL recruits undersize players.

6 foot 6, 295, also has offers from Kansas, UAB, Memphis, Missouri, Texas State, and Arkansas State. This may not be the thread to comment about rescinding offers for undersized players.

Maybe I completely misunderstood your post and you want the new staff to "resend" offers as in send again to make sure the players know they're still being recruited.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Judea-Milon-159609/RecruitInterests/

The 247, for those interested. He recently tweeted a Toledo offer and was invited by UH to this past game against Rice.

For all the talk of the staff recruiting undersized players, we'll, y'all are wrong. This staff has had some very good recruiting classes. 2019 we were 4th in C-USA, 2nd in 2020, and 1st in 2021. Last year fell off. Our team is where it is today due to guys transferring out, especially the twins, and not having a capable QB coach to train up our QBs. If the twins were still on defense, we'd be getting tons of pressure with a good DL rotation and our secondary wouldn't have to be covering for 5+ seconds.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Judea-Milon-159609/RecruitInterests/

The 247, for those interested. He recently tweeted a Toledo offer and was invited by UH to this past game against Rice.

For all the talk of the staff recruiting undersized players, we'll, y'all are wrong. This staff has had some very good recruiting classes. 2019 we were 4th in C-USA, 2nd in 2020, and 1st in 2021. Last year fell off. Our team is where it is today due to guys transferring out, especially the twins, and not having a capable QB coach to train up our QBs. If the twins were still on defense, we'd be getting tons of pressure with a good DL rotation and our secondary wouldn't have to be covering for 5+ seconds.

Uh, sir, you're definitely wrong.    
It's common knowledge here on GMG.com (not anywhere else) that the Murphy twins were actually HINDERANCES to our defense because they had 5-10 UC penalties last year.    Trieb is obviously an upgrade to Grayson, and Richards is obviously an upgrade to Gabriel because they're keeping those UC penalties down.   You're just not looking hard enough.  /s

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Uh, sir, you're definitely wrong.    
It's common knowledge here on GMG.com (not anywhere else) that the Murphy twins were actually HINDERANCES to our defense because they had 5-10 UC penalties last year.    Trieb is obviously an upgrade to Grayson, and Richards is obviously an upgrade to Gabriel because they're keeping those UC penalties down.   You're just not looking hard enough.  /s

Oh my I'm so sorry. You're right. Losing them made us better.

And for what it's worth, I don't think our starting DL is bad right now. It's just obvious we have no depth to rotate in fresh legs and that's where our defense has fallen off the most, IMO.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Oh my I'm so sorry. You're right. Losing them made us better.

And for what it's worth, I don't think our starting DL is bad right now. It's just obvious we have no depth to rotate in fresh legs and that's where our defense has fallen off the most, IMO.

Let's just hope the new coach can assemble a good staff without having to waste a spot on nepotism.

  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.