Watching them get smoked by Italy showed me ALOT today...I know it is a exhibition that means nothing and i still think they are gonna more than likely run away with it in Athens...But these foreign kids are playing balls out with a passion to knock off the best in the world AND impress some coaches, with the surgence of foreign players in the assosication these games are turning into tryouts in the minds of some of these guys. The italian that went off from three point land during the game today BETTER get a call from some team in the league. He took some of the better defenders from the NBA to school today! Iverson was on him and Ivo looked like a little boy. Marbury couldnt hold him! My only regret from this whole preseason tour is that i have to work tomorrow when they play Dirk! Have a good one guys!

Guest e-bone

Team USA still doesn't have any shooters. When you get down like they did, it is hard to come back if you don't have a clutch shooter who can hit a 3 pointer.

Now Larry Brown can say I told You.

He's got all of these great one-on-one players, but the international game is a TEAM game. Passing, rebounding, cutting to the basket. No one on the USA team does that. they are all great one-on-one players, but only Tim Duncan works to make his teamates better.

1) We don't have any 3 point shooters

2) Our guys have barely played with each other, unlike other teams which train year round

3) We don't have a true point guard

Those are the main problems. I think the guys on this team have a lot of pride and want to win and I hope they are very embarrassed right now. I do think they will turn it around, but they will have to play hard, this isn't a preseason game vs. the Raptors, this is serious stuff.

It's true they lack cohesion, but man, the other guys are good, I would go ahead and count them as "quality".

Someone not of "quality"? Danny Ferry.

Amare, AI, LeBron, Starbury...I will go out on a limb and say they are good enough to be considered "quality players". That doesn't mean this team has no holes, but it isn't because of the individual players' talents. The team could have been constructed a lot better and had more time to practice, but that doesn't mean they aren't "quality players".

Prepare for the obvious...but I was watching ESPN Classic (great channel) the other day, and they had a '92 Dream Team game on. I tell you what, that tells you how different the NBA that I really like now is different from the NBA that I LOVED growing up. I mean come on...Stockton to Malone, or Stockton to David Robinson, or Stockton to Drexler on the alley oop, or Magic to Barkley, or Magic to Bird open from three. Oh, and don't forget about goofy Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippen, and a guy named Jordan. Hey, and the MAVS have Laettner now...wasn't Laettner an original Dream Team member? laugh.gif