Dr. Phil (McGraw) Night @ The Super Pit?

Last season the Athletic Department used a "Souls vs Soles" promotion. It was a game between local coaches and local religious leaders. The crowd was invited to stay and watch the North Texas-South Alabama game that followed. Many did stay. Posters on this board noticed the attendance was much larger than usual and there were many more children in the crowd than usual.

I believe this news.

I think the UNT athletic department has to have a product to promote IMO.

I believe Coach Jones is going to give that product to UNT. YET......Coach JJ started his career in Denton with about the same thing all his predessessors since Bill Blakely was on campus had, ie, N-O-T-H-I-N-G ! wink.gif Sure we had some talent--just not enough to surround that talent with.

drex, you know as well as anyone how difficult it is a to promote a losing product, not have an administration behind athletics and (for sure) not having an athletic promotion's budget.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest e-bone

It wouldn't have been hard to promote Leonard Hopkins or Shawnson Johnson last season. It also shouldn't be hard to promote free entertainment to students.

I believe Coach Jones is going to give that product to UNT. YET......Coach JJ started his career in Denton with about the same thing all his predessessors since Bill Blakely was on campus had, ie, N-O-T-H-I-N-G ! wink.gif Sure we had some talent--just not enough to surround that talent with.

drex, you know as well as anyone how difficult it is a to promote a losing product, not have an administration behind athletics and (for sure) not having an athletic promotion's budget.

The promotion is something that should be done regardless, but most people's beef with the administration's handling of baseketball is the absolute lack of anything to make the gameday experience better.

I think their biggest ideas this last season were to add the jumping thing for kids, and to have a bunch of kids dribbling basketballs on the court at halftime. Neither of these are going to draw anyone out to the games, they're only nice additions.

The games need to be exciting for casual fans to get them out there. Us basketball fans will be out there and going nuts over the game regardless, but we're obviously in the minority.

I still remember suggesting to the band director last year that they use that awesome trumpet section to play "Charge!" once in a while.

His response was, "You know...I never thought of that." blink.gif