Magic Bean

UNT 90 Grad

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Stating facts puts you on a team it seems

When was the first "fact" presented in this thread? This thread wasn't about facts. It was people opining on a player's perceived attitude and then speculating on how the coaches perceived this and what they would do about it.

I don't remember a thread created just to dog Aune. Because it would be dumb, just like this thread is. 

But if you want facts:

Bean QBR/Rating this season: 67/150

Aune QBR/Rating this season: 46/148.4

Bean TDs: 17

Aune TDs: 15

Bean wins: 3/5*

Aune wins: 1/4*

* Based on who got the majority of reps in the game, not on who started, since we yanked everyone around. I gave Bean the loss vs UTSA even though both got a full half, because he started and was part of what put us in the hole to begin with.

And that's not to say I'm a big believer in Jason Bean. Or Aune. Both guys had trouble completing passes this season, and that's with Darden turning a lot of garbage into gold. While our offense wasn't a problem this year statistically, I think that was mostly because of how bad defenses were on the whole of college football with the limited offseason and Covid problems. And I think we were absolutely bailed out by our OL and Darden.

BUT, if I'm just using facts to tell me who's been a better QB, it's been Jason Bean for the course of the season.

Now, if I'm the coaching staff, picking who gives me the best chance to win depends on if I think we can control the ground game or if we'll need to throw our way out of it. We have two VERY different QBs on the roster, and without Darden, that changes a lot of what we're able to do.

We'll see what they decide, but I can guarantee you it will be based on who they think gives them the best chance to win the game, and not on the sideline attitude as perceived by some crusty old dude in the stands with their own agendas.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

I see you're back on a team again.

As @MGNation92said, these are literally just the facts. 

Aune has turned the ball over once every 35 times (212/6) he has passed, been sacked, or ran. Bean has turned the ball over once every 30 times (152/5) he has passed, been sacked, or ran.

If you count fumbles that they coughed up but we recovered (so not technically turnovers) the numbers changes to once every 26.5 times (212/8) for Aune, and once every 25.3 times (152/6) for Bean.

My initial post in here was correcting Emmitt’s meme saying Aune turned it over 8 times by posting the FACTS that his number is actually 6, then following up by showing numbers to point out that you can’t dog Aune’s turnover numbers without also doing the same for Bean, since his rate is actually worse.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

My initial post in here was correcting Emmitt’s meme saying Aune turned it over 8 times by posting the FACTS that his number is actually 6, then following up by showing that numbers to point out that you can’t dog Aune’s turnover numbers without also doing the same for Bean, since his rate is actually worse.

Why not? It's not like you afforded Bean the same.

People have discussed Bean's turnover rate all season, which was actually BETTER than Aune's going into the UTEP game, and I never once saw you pop in to point out that Aune had a worse turnover rate in any of those threads. 

• Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Why not? It's not like you afforded Bean the same.

My point is if someone is dogging Aune’s turnover issue, they are also doing the same to Bean, whether knowingly or unknowingly.

People have discussed Bean's turnover rate all season, which was actually BETTER than Aune's going into the UTEP game, and I never once saw you pop in to point out that Aune had a worse turnover rate in any of those threads. 

I have yet to see someone incorrectly state Bean’s turnover total or rate as higher than it actually is, like Emmitt did with Aune, nor had I seen people arguing that Bean was turning it over worse than Aune this year. If they did I would’ve presented the facts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

My point is if someone is dogging Aune’s turnover issue, they are also doing the same to Bean, whether knowingly or unknowingly.

I have yet to see someone incorrectly state Bean’s turnover total or rate as higher than it actually is, like Emmitt did with Aune, nor had I seen people arguing that Bean was turning it over worse than Aune this year. If they did I would’ve presented the facts. 

So, the fact that the ENTIRETY of this thread prior to my first post was about either Bean’s perceived poor attitude or the fact that Bean is too turnover prone (while failing to acknowledge that Aune, if better is only marginally so) is irrelevant...but my mistake of fact is evidence of clear bias?  

Well, here’s more “bias”.  Even after Aune’s “player of the week” performance with 6 TD’s, Bean has accounted for 17 total touchdowns this season to Aune’s 15.  So, coming into the UTEP game where Bean played 2 plays, that comparison was 17 to 9.  

I am certain that, no matter how many times I say it, people will still fail to realize I don’t have a personal relationship with Bean or a belief that he is the “answer”...but they’ll also simultaneously pretend that Aune somehow puts us in a much better position to win despite “facts.”  

As an aside, I think it’s interesting that some argue the coaching staff clearly sees Aune as a better option, but he hasn’t been sent out there as the starter since MTSU.  

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

So, the fact that the ENTIRETY of this thread prior to my first post was about either Bean’s perceived poor attitude or the fact that Bean is too turnover prone (while failing to acknowledge that Aune, if better is only marginally so) is irrelevant...but my mistake of fact is evidence of clear bias?

What are you talking about? I never said anything about bias. All I said was that I was correcting the stat and providing additional data on the turnover numbers. I didn’t partake in the commentary on Bean on the sidelines. I have stated multiple times I think it’s dumb and irrelevant to who should be our starting QB.  

Well, here’s more “bias”.  Even after Aune’s “player of the week” performance with 6 TD’s, Bean has accounted for 17 total touchdowns this season to Aune’s 15.  So, coming into the UTEP game where Bean played 2 plays, that comparison was 17 to 9.  

I am certain that, no matter how many times I say it, people will still fail to realize I don’t have a personal relationship with Bean or a belief that he is the “answer”...but they’ll also simultaneously pretend that Aune somehow puts us in a much better position to win despite “facts.”  

As an aside, I think it’s interesting that some argue the coaching staff clearly sees Aune as a better option, but he hasn’t been sent out there as the starter since MTSU.  

No disagreement on this here.

Edited by BillySee58