Bye Bye Season

NTEX91

11 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Looking at the standings. Looks like 

#1 we have to win out 

#2 La Tech would then need to lose another one 

#3 USM would have to lose 2 more

I think?

Not necessarily. If we win out, and USM, La Tech, us and UAB all end with two losses we would win the tiebreak. So in theory we only need to win out and have La Tech and USM lose one more. Of course if, for instance either La Tech or UAB ended with 3 losses Things would be more conplocated. 

Nevertheless, the answer is a resounding YES, we can still win the west. 

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

No we need lots of help. 

The Charlotte debacle was huge 

It’s not hard to believe at all that La Tech loses at Marshall and USM loses one of WKU or @ FAU. There is still a lot of football left. Tie breaks may get messy. Depending on who exactly is involved in the tiebreak we may not win it. But IF we win our next 3 games we are right back in the thick of things. Everyone needs to sit their butts back down on the bandwagon and strap in. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:40 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I think seeing SMU get all the spotlight is really making people worse 

On 11/1/2019 at 3:35 PM, untjim1995 said:

Keep in mind that our darkness is also watching freaking SMU being undefeated, ranked, and on Gameday and the ABC game of the week.

Just end this season already, please...

I rather NT beat SMU than any regular season game unless there is a conference championship involved.

However, at this point: I don't understand why any NT fan should be concerned with SMU.  

There is still plenty to play for, and even if there was not.   Support your team, particularly the seniors including Fine; who deserve going out in the best way possible.

I relish seeing NT's last 3 and hopefully 4 games.   

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

However, at this point: I don't understand why any NT fan should be concerned with SMU.  

There is still plenty to play for, and even if there was not.   Support your team, particularly the seniors including Fine; who deserve going out in the best way possible.

I relish seeing NT's last 3 and hopefully 4 games.   

You're dealing with NT's Whomp-Whomp crowd.

They complain about everything, want everybody fired, find a negative in every positive, and are just chomping at the bit to do the "I told you so!" dance as if something bad for our school is somehow their personal victory.

debbie-downer definition: Noun (plural Debbie Downers) 1. (informal, pejorative) A naysayer; one whose negative remarks are intended to depress or dissuade others.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

On 11/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, GrandGreen said:

Anyone who has ever wished to see North Texas host & defeat a ranked team should in the least be a little interested in what SMU does since they are/were our only chance to do just that next year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1