New UNT Pre or post-game sandwich meal stop?

Harry

16 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

There still in business as of today.  Small place though only like 10 tables.  Good food. Never had the Torta but heard they good.

Try it. Try both squeeze bottle sauces on it and see which you like with it. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, Harry said:

Now that they are closing down NY Sub 😥 anyone have suggestions for a good sandwich place for pre and or post game?   My fallback stop would probably be Rudy's most of the time, but in the case you aren't wanting barbeque and would prefer cold cuts or something different.  Please no Subway and preferably closer to UNT versus by TWU (too far).

Did you sour on Tony’s balls?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GreenFlag said:

Did you sour on Tony’s balls?

No not at all.  Just trying to figure out a replacement for NY Subs.  Been going there a long time.  Tailgating always comes first but sometimes life's schedule doesn't allow for it, or perhaps you are bringing new friends or family who can't tailgate for 3+ hours etc and you are just looking at a quick place to grab a good sandwich on the way (UNT main campus side).  I also have not "given up" on NY Subs but looking at the history of eminent domain, it seems to me this is more about negotiating for more money from UNT than keeping the location in place.   Honestly, I love NY Sub and am sorry to see them go, but my allegiances are with UNT first and foremost.  If they have another location I will try to get by there when I am able.    I really liked Sack and Save and shopped there often when I was a student, but it wasn't right to have that be the front door of the University.  Change can be hard   GMG 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

No not at all.  Just trying to figure out a replacement for NY Subs.  Been going there a long time.  Tailgating always comes first but sometimes life's schedule doesn't allow for it, or perhaps you are bringing new friends or family who can't tailgate for 3+ hours etc and you are just looking at a quick place to grab a good sandwich on the way (UNT main campus side).  I also have not "given up" on NY Subs but looking at the history of eminent domain, it seems to me this is more about negotiating for more money from UNT than keeping the location in place.   Honestly, I love NY Sub and am sorry to see them go, but my allegiances are with UNT first and foremost.  If they have another location I will try to get by there when I am able.    I really liked Sack and Save and shopped there often when I was a student, but it wasn't right to have that be the front door of the University.  Change can be hard   GMG 

Sack and Saved was nasty and a dump. And to think parents would put quarters into those germ infested doo doo donkey riding machines and let their kids on them is beyond me.  

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Big Z said:

Sack and Saved was nasty and a dump. And to think parents would put quarters into those germ infested doo doo donkey riding machines and let their kids on them is beyond me.  

Made my first legal alcohol purchase as a 21 year old there.  Stay hard, Sack and Save.