• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
UNTfan1

Our new Running backs coach

I'm starting this because not many of you fans are giving this much thought. The next RB coach is already on staff. Graduate assistant Herschel Sims. Best option out there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Formerly with the New Jersey Generals of the old USFL,.  Later with Dallas and traded to Minnesota.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I get your logic, but his only coaching experience that I am aware of is here. If we are going for a fairly green coach at this position (which is ok) then I prefer Cobbs or Byrd. Both are alumni, love UNT, and have local high school coaching experience. I am sure Sims is a good guy now but he does have a bit of a checkered past. 

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

Am I missing something?  I thought it had been posted that Lincoln Riley's little brother was the new RB coach...has something changed, or was that a false report?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

So, this again is just more speculation posted to look like the hire has been made?  Speaking of, why was the other post removed, unless the premature announcement of Riley was just speculation?  Hmmm.

Why don't we wait until an official announcement has been made?  Until then, people could post RB Coach candidate. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Aldo said:

I am the new RB coach!

giphy.gif

Didn't know Corry Booker had D1 coaching experience. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The title to this thread is misleading. Which is annoying.  Admin, please remove this poster permanently from the board. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 1