Available Running Backs (yards after contact)

SilverEagle

After watching Mr. Easley walk off the field at the end of the game in crutches and what looked like a temporary cast, I became very concerned. We have some talented running backs still on the roster, but how many of them have what Mr. Easley brought to the running game, which is .....yards after contact.  Besides speed, it's the same quality that Mr. Wilson brought to the game and made him a very dangerous weapon. 

So who do we have left that is a "yards after contact" type RB?

Smith? fast and shifty, but not a tackle breaker. He usually goes down with a direct hit.

Torrey? a better option as he is not only fast and shifty, it usually takes more than one hit to take him down. He reminds me a little of Singletary.

Wyche? he's also quick and shifty, and this spring and fall he's shown flashes of getting yards after contact. Pretty much a slasher.

Hosley? pretty fast and a very determined runner. It usually takes more than one guy to bring him down. Not as shifty as Smith or Torrey. 

So who else is a possibility?

Josh Odebyo? (#20) At 6' X 222 and listed as a RB, he sounds intriguing. I've only seen him catch a short TD pass in a scrimmage and I've never seen him run from scrimmage. He's from Lewisville, anyone ever seen him play in HS? 

Hayden Doggett (#36) at 6'2" X 218  he also sounds intriguing, but I've never seen him carry the ball. Anyone know anything about him?

The rest are fullbacks. Does anyone know if any of them are anything more than small guards?

The other potential area to look  would be DB's and LB's. For instance, Corey Mann (#42). He came to North Texas weighing less than 200lbs, and now after two years he's 205. That tells me that this guy is VERY fast and pretty durable. Two good qualities of a RB.

Any other ideas?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

I probably missed it and I know that SL didnt disclose anything right after Saturdays game but has anyone heard anything about Easly? It looked pretty bad when he was being helped off the field but his tweet has me puzzled as to whats going on.

With his acl history I would guess he had a negative MRI?

• Lovely Take 1