When All Else Is Equal

StealthEagle84

1 minute ago, StealthEagle84 said:

.......... turnovers make the difference. The two fumbles at the end of the first half killed us tonight. 

Screenshot_20180930-002924~2.png

The egregious muffed punt at the 5 12 letter cuss word yard line. And the drive continuing PI penalties in the first half. The other was just a game time TO. Unfortunate, but football. The other...simple and easy coaching could have change that outcome and in hand probably decided the game. A 5 second conversation could have won this game. 

If nothing else, they learned a lesson tonight. A lot of talking point in BTG about overcoming adversity. This team hasn’t faced it this season. They just got their nuts kicked hard. Everything was going right until it wasn’t anymore. Weak mental toughness from everyone involved tonight. 

No turnovers AND only 1 penalty for LaTech.  Obviously we only had 4, but they were all huge.  I believe 3 of them kept drives alive for LaTech and the other one put us way behind the chains after what appeared to be a nice gain.

Also, I'd say Mason showed a little bit of mental toughness by limping out onto the field giving everything he had for his team.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, StealthEagle84 said:

.......... turnovers make the difference. The two fumbles at the end of the first half killed us tonight. 

Screenshot_20180930-002924~2.png

This. The attempted fair catch at the 5 was a bad decision and was the most costly. It is demoralizing to a defense. You come off the field thinking you are about to get a little breather, take your helmet off and have to put it right back on and trot right back onto the field to stop an offense from gaining 5 yards without so much as a sip of water. Whatever happened to put your heels on the 10 yard line and if the ball goes over your head, let it go?

On 9/30/2018 at 10:33 AM, Venson said:

This. The attempted fair catch at the 5 was a bad decision and was the most costly. It is demoralizing to a defense. You come off the field thinking you are about to get a little breather, take your helmet off and have to put it right back on and trot right back onto the field to stop an offense from gaining 5 yards without so much as a sip of water. Whatever happened to put your heels on the 10 yard line and if the ball goes over your head, let it go?

Exactly...even if it managed to come a dead stop on the half-yard line, we would've had it back on offense. Still better...I'm hope he's watched that clip 100 times...I'm sure he wont make that mistake again...I'd rather make a mistake and not field a punt when I was supposed to, rather than to give a team the ball in the Red Zone.  

Put it behind us....Reset for UTEP....Dont take the cheese...