DRC: UNT aims to capitalize on golden opportunity

Brett Vito

Honestly this game scares me. I believe we have the talent to win. I just wonder with all the hype that UNT and the fans have put on this game if it is not putting too much pressure on the players and then they come out tight and trying to do too much. I hope Littrell and company can find a way to calm their nerves and get them to play loose. I believe this game sets the tone for the season for us.

Edited by Venson
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Venson said:

Honestly this game scares me. I believe we have the talent to win. I just wonder with all the hype that UNT and the fans have put on this game if it is not putting to much pressure on the players and then they come out tight and trying to do too much. I hope Littrell and company can find a way to calm their nerves and get them to play loose. I believe this game sets the tone for the season for us.

Absolutely. Play loose and have fun = we roll.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Venson said:

Honestly this game scares me. I believe we have the talent to win. I just wonder with all the hype that UNT and the fans have put on this game if it is not putting too much pressure on the players and then they come out tight and trying to do too much. I hope Littrell and company can find a way to calm their nerves and get them to play loose. I believe this game sets the tone for the season for us.

I think the coaches came out and tried to do too much last year against SMU.  Lots of gimmicky plays that failed.   The first part of the year was weird and it got weirder in this game.  We had the dual punt returners, running the wildcat, the swinging gate extra point, and double reverses as I recall. 

Hopefully they now know we shouldn’t need trickery to win this game.  

• Upvote 1