Austin Ogunmakin talks about committing to UNT

Brett Vito

26 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Welcome Austin! Now can we get some DL commits? We have a lot of guys graduating and next year even more. 

We really need a staple on the DL and at LB in this class. With the current depth and performances, we need 2 solid commits at both of these positions moving forward, especially at LB. We can't afford to have a recruiting miss at this position. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

We really need a staple on the DL and at LB in this class. With the current depth and performances, we need 2 solid commits at both of these positions moving forward, especially at LB. We can't afford to have a recruiting miss at this position. 

I feel good about LeBlanc's kid and Vada King. (Worried about keeping King for sure).

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Welcome Austin! Now can we get some DL commits? We have a lot of guys graduating and next year even more. 

Those typically happen later.  The P5's overshow early interest on the big guys who can run to keep their options open.  In December reality sets in.  I agree we need depth and even immediate impact at the position.

"I enjoyed the atmosphere and how coach Filani worked his drills," said Ogunmakin, who has been impressed with what UNT has accomplished so far in two seasons under Seth Littrell.

UNT fell in to Army in the Heart of Dallas Bowl last season is is bowl-eligible again this season at 6-3.

"I have seen what they have done to get to No. 1 in the conference and what they are doing in recruiting," Ogunmakin said. "They are bringing in a lot of athletes. It will be a good fit."

Am I the only one that found this random? Rercuiting, Recruiting, Recruiting....

Related image

Edited by Withers940
  • Haha 4

No because it gives context to readers who are less familiar with UNT. The gist: we went to a bowl last year (and lost it, but that's beside the main point here) and we're bowl eligible again. It reinforces the notion that he "has been impressed with what UNT has accomplished so far in two seasons under Seth Littrell."