Weather @ FAU

ABrownGMG

50 minutes ago, ABrownGMG said:

The weather forecast at the moment for Boca Raton on Saturday has a 70% chance of rain. I could be wrong but I believe that will be the first time this season that the team has played in wet conditions. Any guesses on how that may impact the gameplan or outcome? 

FAU gives up a ton of yards on the ground...  and Jeffrey Wilson plays for UNT.

It's going to be the Wilson show this weekend.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

What ever happened to Andrew Tucker? Has he been passed up by Evan Johnson as our 3rd back?

Also, FAU will be running the ball via their QB and RBs. That is their bread and butter right now. Time to start stacking the box!

Agree.   If there's ever a time for your CBs to do their jobs while being left on an island, this is the week for it. 
Also, it would be a GREAT day for Kishawn to step up & be the player we all know he is.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ABrownGMG said:

The weather forecast at the moment for Boca Raton on Saturday has a 70% chance of rain. I could be wrong but I believe that will be the first time this season that the team has played in wet conditions. Any guesses on how that may impact the gameplan or outcome? 

I always worry that rain is Mason’s kryptonite.   It stems from the video below.  It’s a good watch if you haven’t seen it.   Rain issues come to fruition at the 20:00 mark. 

12 hours ago, greeneagle1 said:

What ever happened to Andrew Tucker? Has he been passed up by Evan Johnson as our 3rd back?

I'm pretty sure Tucker still dresses out, and I think is on KO coverage but I could be wrong along with him being a RS SR as wel.. Wyche doesn't even dress out, so im guessing he is a RS.. 

• Downvote 1

Last night on Seth Littrell's radio show from Rudy's, he said they do not worry about the weather. He also said he does spray the ball down, spray water in players faces, etc just to get them ready for wet conditions. He said he has always done that and is not doing it because of the expected weather. He basically said it is something he has always done no matter what conditions are expected at game time. At the end of the day, both teams play in the same conditions.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The WKU comment was about Fine not playing well in less than ideal weather.. 

Mason was under attack every time he dropped back during that game.   So much so, that he took several sacks on the 3 drives he QB'd prior to getting sacked so hard it ended his season.   That loss was not on him.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Mason was under attack every time he dropped back during that game.   So much so, that he took several sacks on the 3 drives he QB'd prior to getting sacked so hard it ended his season.   That loss was not on him.

Never said it was on him.. He has progressed A LOT from any point and even from his best last year.. The thread was about should we worry about Mason playing in less than ideal weather..

In the 2 games that I can recall him playing in less than idea weather he struggled... 

6 hours ago, Venson said:

Last night on Seth Littrell's radio show from Rudy's, he said they do not worry about the weather. He also said he does spray the ball down, spray water in players faces, etc just to get them ready for wet conditions. He said he has always done that and is not doing it because of the expected weather. He basically said it is something he has always done no matter what conditions are expected at game time. At the end of the day, both teams play in the same conditions.

I have read this three times and am not sure what is being said.  Does he or does he not practice in special "weather" conditions?

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1