UAB Attendance

ttunt1970

8 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

OK--that's true--I meant the other CUSA West teams

20k is decent enough if we put it in context with our last couple of seasons. Baker did a decent enough job to drive up attendance for a game that has little football fan interest.

Battle flag, recruiting, family weekend, honoring past teams and individuals.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

20k is decent enough if we put it in context with our last couple of seasons. Baker did a decent enough job to drive up attendance for a game that has little football fan interest.

Battle flag, recruiting, family weekend, honoring past teams and individuals.

I absolutely agree. A home game against an opponent like UAB under RV, considering the cirucmstances, would've seen less than 17k in attendance, maybe worse. Baker seems like he has a pulse on what we need to do to move upward. I'm rooting for him, just like I am for Littrell, to find success here. They are both solid guys, at least from my outside perspective.

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

None of the schools in Conference USA scream "football powerhouse."

I thought GA was the actual wing part of the endzone, not the lower bowl?

Pretty true/unfortunate fact that kinda supports what I was saying...

39 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

20 k in attendance isnt great but I will take it for now. We just need to keep buzzing interest like we did with the Argyle deal.

In yall opinion, Do you think we will ever sell out Apogee? If so, with in what time frame?

I think it's entirely possible. HOT TAKE: If our play is good, I think it could happen against Houston.

Otherwise, it'll require The Wren bringing in (sorry, this will hit some folks in the gut) someone who really matters and us having a shot at winning. Texas Tech?

• Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Pretty true/unfortunate fact that kinda supports what I was saying...

I think it's entirely possible. HOT TAKE: If our play is good, I think it could happen against Houston.

Otherwise, it'll require The Wren bringing in (sorry, this will hit some folks in the gut) someone who really matters and us having a shot at winning. Texas Tech?

Yeah, I think it will have to be a big Texas School with a huge DFW Alumni Presence like Texas, Baylor, Tech, A&M. Chances of getting a Home/Home with the bolded teams are so so slim but i think that is what it will take. A big team that will draw a huge away crowd and draw the casual UNT Alumni.

Call me Crazy but I think it would be worth a shot at trying to grab OSU or OU to do a Home/Home. They hit the DFW area hard in recruiting and it would help them with further face time. I know OU has the Red River Shoot out but one more time in DFW can only be a good thing

• Upvote 1

Have you watch them play this year?  I watched them play northern Illinois in Lincoln and they were not in the game.   They are not a good team and the coach is on the hot seat. When i was growing up i was huskers fan and I can tell you this the program is not near what it use to be.  I rather play them then OK or OSU. I ask which game would have the best chance of us winning? Nebraska beat ark state by a TD.

• Haha 1