Mean Green Clothing Question

UNTLifer

37 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Does anyone know if the long sleeved SOW Nike shirt is available to purchase?  This is the one seen in many of the videos.  Coaches are typically wearing them.

All I could find at the local shop and rally house:

http://shop.meangreensports.com/North_Texas_Mean_Green_Mens_Nike

http://www.rallyhouse.com/college/north-texas-mean-green/h/nike/i/t-shirts/l/mens?show=96

Or maybe this one? https://voertmans.textbooktech.com/products/legend-ls-tee-unkn-1582-adchxckzdn

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2017 at 10:34 AM, UNTLifer said:

Does anyone know if the long sleeved SOW Nike shirt is available to purchase?  This is the one seen in many of the videos.  Coaches are typically wearing them.

If you send me a picture of it (just to confirm it's the one I'm thinking), I can check and see if they have at the bookstore on Monday.

7 hours ago, rws69 said:

Rally House in Flower Mound (FM 2499 in center south of FM 407) has an extensive collection of UNT apparel and other stuff.

I just in Flower Mound last week for a baseball tournament and almost stopped at that Rally House between games.  Now I'm really upset that I didn't.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I haven't found a pic, but a number of the coaches wear them.  Thanks for the offer but I may look at their website.  I am 5 hours away.

The ones they're wearing in this video? I want one too.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

That would be the one.

I'll check tomorrow when I'm on campus. 

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I tweeted to Wren so hopefully he'll reply. I want one too!

Hopefully he replies back... They took a photo as well of Wilson running in for a TD at the HoD game that I wish that they would have for sale as well. 

UNT.jpg

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

This was one of my biggest pet peeves about the prior administration, looks like nothing has changed. We should be able to buy the same merchandise that the players and coaches have. Most other schools it's possible, but not here.

a lot of schools have coach/player specific gear.  I like the fact that they can have their own identity this way.  Kind of like the "Gold Jacket"  But the Green Gear....

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

This was one of my biggest pet peeves about the prior administration, looks like nothing has changed. We should be able to buy the same merchandise that the players and coaches have. Most other schools it's possible, but not here.

A lot of money the school is missing out on as well.. 

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

a lot of schools have coach/player specific gear.  I like the fact that they can have their own identity this way.  Kind of like the "Gold Jacket"  But the Green Gear....

I can understand allowing the players and coaches to have specific gear, but they should do players and coaches get shirt xyz for the 2016 season then in 2017 its released to fans with coaches getting something new for 2017 and then that is released the following year to the fans with it repeating...

42 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Like who? I took a quick look at fanatics.com and could find the above shirt for a variety of schools, but not ours. Schools with their merchandising house in order sell the exact apparel coaches wear all the way down to their shoes. As mentioned above, its a missed opportunity as myself and a few others on this thread would buy the above shirt if we could.

Nothing looked more amateur than seeing Mac and his crew wearing their "North Texas Football" gear that nobody could get their hands on unless you were in the 17.

22 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'll check tomorrow when I'm on campus. 

Hopefully he replies back... They took a photo as well of Wilson running in for a TD at the HoD game that I wish that they would have for sale as well. 

UNT.jpg

Apogee should look like this every single week, regardless of the weather, time of day or opponent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GRN-WHT said:

Yes and no...I was able to purchase, as could anyone else, a Nike polo that all the football coaches wore last season.  So, actually some yes...some no.  And, not all other schools do this...I know Oklahoma State has several items available, but not all the gear coaches wear.  Sometimes staffs order gear just for their wear.  Not arguing that we "should" be able to purchase, just pointing out that it is not that unusual.  Good luck...hope you are able to find the shirt you want.  The more Mean Green gear on the market the better...even better, the more Mean Green gear being bought and actually being worn!

2 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Yes and no...I was able to purchase, as could anyone else, a Nike polo that all the football coaches wore last season.  So, actually some yes...some no.  And, not all other schools do this...I know Oklahoma State has several items available, but not all the gear coaches wear.  Sometimes staffs order gear just for their wear.  Not arguing that we "should" be able to purchase, just pointing out that it is not that unusual.  Good luck...hope you are able to find the shirt you want.  The more Mean Green gear on the market the better...even better, the more Mean Green gear being bought and actually being worn!

Exactly. Typically their gameday Polos are for sale at most schools, with a shirt or two sometimes.  I do love the Green long sleeve and would probably buy 3/4 so I could rotate them lol

46 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

Nothing looked more amateur than seeing Mac and his crew wearing their "North Texas Football" gear that nobody could get their hands on unless you were in the 17.

Looked amateur to who, or is it whom?  Nobody knows about this but us.