4th qt no call

mgfan

In the 4th qt our center was leaped over and ended up sacking Fine. My father in-law said he saw the replay of this on tv. Did anyone else see the play? Also, am I correct that contact must be made with center and you cannot leap over him?

Litteral seemed very upset, I couldn't tell if he was upset about that or maybe what looked like a horse collar tackle. 

38 minutes ago, mgfan said:

In the 4th qt our center was leaped over and ended up sacking Fine. My father in-law said he saw the replay of this on tv. Did anyone else see the play? Also, am I correct that contact must be made with center and you cannot leap over him?

Litteral seemed very upset, I couldn't tell if he was upset about that or maybe what looked like a horse collar tackle. 

Yes. This was a definite horse collar (despite an incredible effort by the UTSA defender), and it definitely appeared that our sideline was extremely upset with the no call.

Our C-USA officiating has been a joke this season.

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, mgfan said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the leaping rule only applied to field goals and extra points.  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Yes. This was a definite horse collar (despite an incredible effort by the UTSA defender), and it definitely appeared that our sideline was extremely upset with the no call.

Our C-USA officiating has been a joke this season.

All the officiating I've seen this year has been terrible

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

McCarney was such a dumb ass for not getting that kid.  He can play.

http://www.goutsa.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=387

Rick

Talked to some UTSA fans who were sitting in front of us before the game.  The guy turned to me and said "Watch #55 during this game.  He plays linebacker and wanted to play for you guys but you said he was too small.  He has that as his phone background and has been staring at it all year. He REALLY wants to beat you"

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Marty said:

I think his hair scared Mac!

What! I know about the vest with RV and QB height with Mac, but what is the hair thing?

14 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Funny thing is that he is bigger than all of our current inside lbs... Dont make no sense at all. 

Met him after the spring game and was shocked. I'm 6'3" 280 and thought that was a big kid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Talked to some UTSA fans who were sitting in front of us before the game.  The guy turned to me and said "Watch #55 during this game.  He plays linebacker and wanted to play for you guys but you said he was too small.  He has that as his phone background and has been staring at it all year. He REALLY wants to beat you"

Unless Tommy Perry was involved with his recruiting, then the kid has a beef with people that are gone from the North Texas program.  And, if Coach Perry was involved, it sounds like Coach Mac overruled him.  Perhaps someone should tell the kid the people involved in his "non-recruitment" are not at NT anymore.  I imagine the "undersized" Coach Ekeler wouldn't have overlooked him.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Anyone get a look at the offensive pass interference call late in the 4th?

No saw a reply of that, but I couldn't spot it as the play happened. 

Also, I could have swore we were in on the run right before the end of the 2nd quarter. 

21 hours ago, Marty said:

I think his hair scared Mac!

20 hours ago, UTSA Fan said:

What! I know about the vest with RV and QB height with Mac, but what is the hair thing?

He is probably talking about Evyn Roman although he was a Dodge recruit that never played for Mac.

l_ed24c2a96e01b22e1fbe044783cd25e6.jpg

Also, here and here.

The board nicknamed him hair but I think after awhile it morphed into toast.

Edited by Cr1028