Early gameday weather forecast

UNT90

^...yep, give me the 28 with snow/ice.  Someone mentioned needing full ski and rain gear.  I had it....and still froze my rear-end off.  The problem was the sideways nature of the rain.  I was mostly dry except my face.  So, I take it back, I had everything except for a face warmer---which you had to have.  :)

4 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

The Ohio game would be my worst weather game experience, too--mostly because of the ending.  Probably the worst weather I've watched a game in would've been the game against Western Kentucky in 2007.  Game time temp was in the mid-high 30s, but had a constant freezing rain with high winds.  I went fully geared up in snow skiing gear along with 3 friends---2 of which were in jeans and a coat.  Needless to say, they were soaking wet and freezing by halftime.  We were down 20-7 and our only score was on a blocked punt return.  It looked like yet another miserable loss, so we left only to have the Mean Green comeback for the win.

I have been a season ticket holder since 2001 and have missed only a handful of games over the years, yet I somehow managed to miss all (3!) of Todd Dodge's home wins (2 for immediate family weddings and the other was this game that I was at, but left!).  

I can say, with some pride (though some will call me crazy), that the WKY game is the ONLY UNT game I have ever left before it was over. The conditions were so brutal that I left at halftime. Even the deck was not enough shelter.

Weather sucks.  But the most brutal game I ever saw was when I saw JaQuay Wilburn become out all time leading rusher against NMSU in 2000.  

There were about 300 people in  the stands.  If you added up the teams, refs, people selling popcorn, etc they might have outnumbered paying fans.  I was sitting on the student side and had my own section.  I had to run over to another section to high five someone.  

At that moment I seriously doubted if we where going to stay 1A.  Luckily next year Dickey had a miracle turnaround and took us to our first bowl game in decades.  

2 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-97.16523227539064&lat=33.21075312857741#.V8cdrU0rI4k

Mostly Sunny and 88 degrees for Saturday with a light breeze.  Couldn't ask for more on the first weekend in September.

Perfect. Almost toooooo perfect.

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2016 at 0:40 PM, Withers940 said:

That's Me!! I was a "Wing" for three years during college. Even though we lost this game, I had a blast on the field during this monsoon

l.png

What happened to the WIngs?  I thought that was a cool tradition and organization.

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Chance of rain has been taken out of the forecast. Fox 4's Evan says 91 and sunny. 

Pretty nice weather for September 3.

And with a forecast temp at 6 PM kickoff of around 85 and into the mid-upper 70s by the end of the game, that is about as perfect and pleasant as it gets.