Ticket info for Florida game?

dmaxel

I'm most likely going to visit a friend in Gainesville during the weekend of the UNT v. UF game, and I was wondering if people knew whether there will be a designated visitor section, if there's an official channel to get those kind of tickets, etc. If possible, I'd love to cheer with fellow people in green rather than be swallowed up in the sea of orange. I'm just having a hard time finding anything solid for those questions. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

I'm most likely going to visit a friend in Gainesville during the weekend of the UNT v. UF game, and I was wondering if people knew whether there will be a designated visitor section, if there's an official channel to get those kind of tickets, etc. If possible, I'd love to cheer with fellow people in green rather than be swallowed up in the sea of orange. I'm just having a hard time finding anything solid for those questions. Thanks!

Usually the away school gets an allotment of tickets in the visitors section to sell.  I've been to several away games and always purchased my tickets through the North Texas Ticket Office.   Call tel:800-868-2366.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Usually the away school gets an allotment of tickets in the visitors section to sell.  I've been to several away games and always purchased my tickets through the North Texas Ticket Office.   Call tel:800-868-2366.

Thank you! I was primarily looking online to see if they had anything available but nothing was posted. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Just now, dmaxel said:

Thank you! I was primarily looking online to see if they had anything available but nothing was posted. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Yeah, I've always had to call.   Maybe the Athletic Department Wrenovation will result in clear methods for purchasing away game tickets online through UNT. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Yeah, I've always had to call.   Maybe the Athletic Department Wrenovation will result in clear methods for purchasing away game tickets online through UNT. 

I think away game tickets have typically been kept off the online portals because the Ath Dept has tried to make it harder for the home team fans to purchase them. Away game tickets, at least  in the past, were sold at face value with no markup from NT. 

SEC fans try to buy these tickets from the G5 and FCS schools because they're the cheapest way into a sold out game. Scalpers also try to buy several when they have the chance.

away game tickets were at one time only available to MGC members but I believe that got changed after some negative feedback. By selling them in person and on the phone, I think they were trying to limit the number of non-MG fans purchasing the tix. 

all of this and a buck & eight cents will buy you something off the dollar menu, but I think I captured the spirit of the away ticket polixy

• Upvote 4

I heard from someone who tried to buy tickets to the Army game last week that the person responsible for selling away game tickets was out of the office until tomorrow.  You'd think they would have someone who could sell a ticket while someone else is out.

2 hours ago, kj86 said:

I heard from someone who tried to buy tickets to the Army game last week that the person responsible for selling away game tickets was out of the office until tomorrow.  You'd think they would have someone who could sell a ticket while someone else is out.

I had no problem securing Army tickets last week.  Several people were available to help...had my pick.  Purchased my two tickets...will be mailed out when they arrive.  Easily done, and thanked for the purchase.

2 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

I had no problem securing Army tickets last week.  Several people were available to help...had my pick.  Purchased my two tickets...will be mailed out when they arrive.  Easily done, and thanked for the purchase.

Yeah, when I called in it seemed as though I could've bought my tickets right then. But $50 is a bit much for the friends I'm going with (I tried talking them into it but alas), so we're going to drop ourselves in lots of orange for $25 instead.