2016 UNT Fall Camp Roster

TheReal_jayD

6 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It's little brother syndrome, since Lovejoy is so much smaller than Allen. 

Who cares, it's a High School. My high school I attended has more state championships than Allen could even fathom. But who cares--it's HS.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

6 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Who cares, it's a High School. My high school I attended has more state championships than Allen could even fathom. But who cares--it's HS.

Really? What HS is that and State championships in one sport or multiple?  Just curious. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Katy.

That explains a lot.  I am sure you know, getting out of Katy's region is 100 times easier than getting out of Region 1.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

That explains a lot.  I am sure you know, getting out of Katy's region is 100 times easier than getting out of Region 1.  

I don't really care. High school football is ridiculous. Katy just forced the city to pay for a stadium more expensive than Apogee.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Just now, Ryan Munthe said:

I don't really care. High school football is ridiculous. Katy just forced the city to pay for a stadium more expensive than Apogee.

LOL, a Bond vote is forcing a city to pay?  You must have played in the Band.... Give me a break. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

LOL, a Bond vote is forcing a city to pay?  You must have played in the Band.... Give me a break. 

The city rejected the stadium originally, so the district said "ok, well if you want any bond money you'll also be paying for the stadium."

After they got ripped to shreds for it, the board admitted they added it in for the reasons I stated above.

No high school needs a $70 million dollar stadium. Waste of money.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

The city rejected the stadium originally, so the district said "ok, well if you want any bond money you'll also be paying for the stadium."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/Katy-texas-58-million-high-school-football-stadium/382437/

So they scaled the plans back and it got approved (By a Vote) and they forced the city?  Got it. 

You realize the football team and Friday night results pays for just about every sport at that school?  Same at a vast majority of colleges, Football's revenue is so high it can keep an athletic department afloat. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/Katy-texas-58-million-high-school-football-stadium/382437/

So they scaled the plans back and it got approved (By a Vote) and they forced the city?  Got it. 

Yeah, and hopefully they'll be able to actually use it unlike Allen.

EDIT: Cute. A bunch of 40 year olds too invested in football being played by 16 year olds offended that I made fun of Allen's shitty stadium.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Yeah, and hopefully they'll be able to actually use it unlike Allen.

LOL Allen has sold that stadium out every time they played there.  You sir are very close to being on the block/ignore list for me, and I have NO ONE on it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Just now, GMG24 said:

LOL Allen has sold that stadium out every time they played there.  You sir are very close to being on the block/ignore list for me, and I have NO ONE on it.

Yeah, and they didn't get to play in it for a full year because they couldn't even get a worthwhile construction company to build it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

After they got ripped to shreds for it, the board admitted they added it in for the reasons I stated above.

No high school needs a $70 million dollar stadium. Waste of money.

Again, You can rent said stadium out for multiple playoff games, make boat loads of $.   

Yeah, and they didn't get to play in it for a full year because they couldn't even get a worthwhile construction company to build it.

That would be a thanks to the system you ignore, government saying you MUST bid out all work, and low bid wins.  Because people like you *itch and complain about a HS stadium so the districts try to save money.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Again, You can rent said stadium out for multiple playoff games, make boat loads of $.   

That would be a thanks to the system you ignore, government saying you MUST bid out all work, and low bid wins.  Because people like you *itch and complain about a HS stadium so the districts try to save money.  

Yes, because instead the districts could be spending money on academic things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Yes, because instead the districts could be spending money on academic things.

Those make districts sooooo much money. 

Sorry, I am done I won't derail the thread any longer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Those make districts sooooo much money. 

Sorry, I am done I won't derail the thread any longer. 

You were doing great until this. The districts do not exist to make money, but to educate.

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Come on guys let's be civil.

This might be the most civil beef I've seen on here in recent memory.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

It's amusing that you have all these upvotes, I guess nobody else can read as well.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

You realize the football team and Friday night results pays for just about every sport at that school?  Same at a vast majority of colleges, Football's revenue is so high it can keep an athletic department afloat. 

Huh,  I would love to see that financial statement.   I doubt most high school football teams  generate anymore income than the English department.    Yes, the English department generates no revenue but the expenses are a lot lower.   

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Huh,  I would love to see that financial statement.   I doubt most high school football teams  generate anymore income than the English department.    Yes, the English department generates no revenue but the expenses are a lot lower.   

Shhh. Don't interrupt the unsubstantiated circlejerk.

All praise be unto the $70 mil 20K high school stadium.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

• Harry locked this topic