Why North Texas Beats SMU on Sept. 3rd

Side Show Joe

22 hours ago, greenminer said:

Any coach with half a brain will look at what offense SL ran at UNC, Indiana and AZ to scout the offense.

Having said that, I'm cautiously optimistic after looking at his FIRST YEAR results:

In Littrell’s first season as Indiana’s offensive coordinator in 2012, the Hoosiers led the Big Ten and ranked 17th nationally in passing offense (311.2). They finished second in the conference in total offense (442.0) and fourth in scoring offense (30.8).

In his first season in Chapel Hill, Littrell helped Carolina establish several school records, including most passing yards, most passing touchdowns and most first downs.  Quarterback Marquise Williams was a second-team all-conference pick after leading the Tar Heels to a bowl game in his first year as the starter.  Williams set several individual school records, including most rushing yards and rushing touchdowns by a quarterback.  Carolina gained more than 5,000 yards in Littrell’s first season as the play-caller and averaged 429.8 yards per contest.

I'm with @FirefightnRick: our offense will be fine.  This is a question of defense.

Agree.  Plus Littrell said during the C-USA meetings a week or so ago, he doesn't care if the opposing coaches know what he's running - it's his players' job to execute it anyway.  That was refreshing.

And, he's obviously not trying to hide the ball by having open practices. 

What's he's essentially saying to his kids is this:  I believe you can do this thing offensively.

Defense:  SEE my post about Ekeler being a Pelini guy in addtion to our switch to a 3-man front.  We're going to be okay here in this conference.  I don't expect us to upset Florida or anything.  But, I do expect that we can come close to breaking even in the C-USA - yes, even in Littrell's first year. 

And, I don't think for a second that Littrell, Ekeler, or any other coach believes otherwise.  If they do, we shouldn't have hired them.

• Upvote 3