Baylor Recruits

Not a bad idea. Carlton Buckles is a coach down there, maybe some folks that want out he could help us out with. According to rivals, we offered 5 of their '16 signees. A 4 star DEa 3 star DTa 3 star LBa 3 star CB, and a 3 star WR. Any of these would be great additions provided their nose is clean.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

The DT in the earlier post is already enrolled... They do have a juco dt that im pretty sure we went after who doesnt appear to be enrolled yet. We should go after that guy Dequinton Osborne. 

Edited by MeanGreen13

2 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

The DT in the earlier post is already enrolled... They do have a juco dt that im pretty sure we went after who doesnt appear to be enrolled yet. We should go after that guy Dequinton Osborne

Oh yeah!   I remember him.   IIRC, we were a serious possibility for him too before Baylor swooped in at the last minute.

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh yeah!   I remember him.   IIRC, we were a serious possibility for him too before Baylor swooped in at the last minute.

I can't remember how much time he had with the current staff or if he was mainly recruited by the previous guys, but it is worth a try since he hasn't gotten to Baylor yet officially. and we badly need a DT this year!

I believe KP was part of the process before he left for TT, but I do remember Seth and Ekeler both went down to meet with the him at his JUCO. Would be great to put the full-court press on him now and with our staff now and the guys we have brought it.. I think Ekeler and KP did about 50/50 of the work on recruiting him, but we didnt have a  DL coach yet.

now with this kid signing his LOI(I'm assuming that he did already) could he sit out a year and stay at his JUCO, and then in March of 2017 sign with us? or could he even just enroll at UNT this fall but not be part of the team, then suit up for us in the spring of 2017? Not sure what his options are with LOI and trying to get out of it now.

2 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

image that DL with Quetin, English and Hoston

It'd be, uh, great. I think you might be sleeping on Taaulo and Roderick Young. It would be a very deep group with a lot of size, strength, and talent. A CUSA champion kind of group pending if our QB play comes through in the clutch in 2017. 

• Upvote 2