Seth Litrell's new DL coach Derrick Leblanc

Tyler Maryak

5 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Recruiting Oklahoma and Louisiana isn't a bad idea at all in my opinion. Wish we had done it more previously. 

If I remember correctly as @GTWT mentions above, Dodge recruited Louisiana to the point that many around here grew sick of it.

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

If I remember correctly as @GTWT mentions above, Dodge recruited Louisiana to the point that many around here grew sick of it.

Maybe just doing it better then. His ties were local as well as his (high school level)assistants. Littrell has Oklahoma ties, evident by his recent recruiting, and as Billy pointed out much of the staff has Louisiana ties. I only endured 1 year of Dodge since coming to UNT luckily so all I have to reference is McCarney.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I think you'll see us recruiting Louisiana quite a bit with some of these new guys like Reffett, Brown, and this guy. 

Brown is certainly a great addition. He should be a great recruiter in North Texas and Louisiana. He was in Wichita Falls the other day looking at the talent. Not sure what players.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Not true. I'm not comparing the two talent wise at all, but Anthony Wallace was higher rated with a better offer list. Just sayin...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Wallace-85198

Or maybe you were being sarcastic?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Not true. I'm not comparing the two talent wise at all, but Anthony Wallace was higher rated with a better offer list. Just sayin...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Anthony-Wallace-85198

Or maybe you were being sarcastic?

No I actually wasn't being sarcastic but I forgot Wallace's list was that long and comprising of those schools

On January 28, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Cr1028 said:

I want to say you're thinking of the first two full classes signed by Mccarney (2012 and 2013). I don't know how much Dodge recruited Louisiana, but he only got two signees from the state in four classes.

In 2012 we signed four from Louisiana, but also had a commitment from Royce LaFrance who flipped to Tulane towards the end. LaFrance was really the only one out of the five who was a good prospect, and the other four never really played meaningful snaps for us.

Also, the final straw for the Mccarney era recruiting Louisiana was getting commits from Jermaine Antoine and Sergio Medina in 2013. Antoine flipped to TCU and Medina flipped to Tulane. That turned off Mccarney and a lot of our fans from recruiting Louisiana.

We just needed better recruiters, IMO. Hopefully we have good enough recruiters now.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I want to say you're thinking of the first two full classes signed by Mccarney (2012 and 2013). I don't know how much Dodge recruited Louisiana, but he only got two signees from the state in four classes.

In 2012 we signed four from Louisiana, but also had a commitment from Royce LaFrance who flipped to Tulane towards the end. LaFrance was really the only one out of the five who was a good prospect, and the other four never really played meaningful snaps for us.

Also, the final straw for the Mccarney era recruiting Louisiana was getting commits from Jermaine Antoine and Sergio Medina in 2013. Antoine flipped to TCU and Medina flipped to Tulane. That turned off Mccarney and a lot of our fans from recruiting Louisiana.

We just needed better recruiters, IMO. Hopefully we have good enough recruiters now.

Thanks Billy. My years are running together these days I guess.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

The snafus in LA actually ended up getting a coach fired (Justin Gaines).  there were other commits from there who did not pan out.  It was a failed experiment to say the least.

On 1/28/2016 at 5:06 PM, All About UNT said:

ok, so I didn't see an update on this kid.  it just shows on 247 sports that he decommitted... 

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Maquedius-Bain-88826/RecruitInterests

http://247sports.com/Player/Maquedius-Bain-13906

No other offers or interests.... bain was just pure speculation, with no real unt connections out there, right?

Edited by SHOSS

18 minutes ago, SHOSS said:

ok, so I didn't see an update on this kid.  it just shows on 247 sports that he decommitted... 

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Maquedius-Bain-88826/RecruitInterests

http://247sports.com/Player/Maquedius-Bain-13906

No other offers or interests.... bain was just pure speculation, with no real unt connections out there, right?

Well his DLine coach at Pearl River CC is now our DLine coach so I would say there is a definite connection.  As far as Bain's availability I am not sure.