Would somebody in the AD please fix the online MGC account site?

oldguystudent

9 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Every...single...mf'ing time.  I get my weekly MGC newsletter.  They want me to renew my tickets for 2016.  But once again, the online site with my mean green club account doesn't work.  I cannot hit the log in button.  At all.  

So then I've got a different link that I got a couple years ago that takes me directly to username/password.  Hit continue.  Nothing.  Site goes no where.

Dammit, guys.  You wonder why the f you're losing members?  I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY!  STOP MAKING IT SO MF'ING GD DIFFICULT EVERY FING TIME I TRY!

Definitely a problem. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, oldguystudent said:

I finally got in to my account, but I only see regular tickets for sale.  Where is the club seat renewal?

If it's the Ticketmaster system, it appears to be only geared for the simplest of transactions. Which is dumb. Why the hell are we using TM for this, anyway?!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

I finally got in to my account, but I only see regular tickets for sale.  Where is the club seat renewal?

Well I wanted to see what sports you could donate to, no baseball? Come on how is it going to happen if we can't choose baseball or "other" and type in baseball. (Not that I would donate to baseball but still) 

Just now, Christopher Walker said:

If it's the Ticketmaster system, it appears to be only geared for the simplest of transactions. Which is dumb. Why the hell are we using TM for this, anyway?!

Giving $ away

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Well I wanted to see what sports you could donate to, no baseball? Come on how is it going to happen if we can't choose baseball or "other" and type in baseball. (Not that I would donate to baseball but still) 

Baseball is still in double secret raising private funds mode.  Since it has never been officially announced, I would imagine that you can't put it on the website for public donations.

So bottom line, I'll get this figured out, but only because I'm a persistent die hard.  This system, as it's presently set up, would quickly drive me away were I a potential first-time buyer.  

Rule number 1 for any organization/business/entity:

MAKE IT EASY FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU THEIR MONEY!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

They make it pretty easy... 

http://raf.utsa.edu

Two clicks with a form in the middle and a donation is made. Plus, the website itself is heads and tails the better designed than ours. Hell, I've constantly thought that just having the AD fall in-line with the rest of UNT and platform all their websites off of Drupal in a re-design would make things that much better. Our web presence looks like it's ten years old, which is archaic in web standards terms.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

That I can't help you with, as I won't be renewing for a while, if ever.

32 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Two clicks with a form in the middle and a donation is made. Plus, the website itself is heads and tails the better designed than ours. Hell, I've constantly thought that just having the AD fall in-line with the rest of UNT and platform all their websites off of Drupal in a re-design would make things that much better. Our web presence looks like it's ten years old, which is archaic in web standards terms.

You sure only 10? We usually do things circa 1997.

42 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Baseball is still in double secret raising private funds mode.  Since it has never been officially announced, I would imagine that you can't put it on the website for public donations.

So bottom line, I'll get this figured out, but only because I'm a persistent die hard.  This system, as it's presently set up, would quickly drive me away were I a potential first-time buyer.  

Rule number 1 for any organization/business/entity:

MAKE IT EASY FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU THEIR MONEY!

Rumor is RV will get baseball done before retiring, which means don't look for baseball anytime soon...

• Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I wish they would update the Coaches list on the FB website

Yeah, currently shows as Graham Harrell as OC and Chris Cosh as DC. I mean, at least remove Cosh from there if you aren't going to add a coach until officially announced. Makes it confusing for the potential recruits I'm sure. 

• Upvote 5

Maybe Littrell can fix this problem and the high school coach ticket problem. 

Because if it's going to get fixed, he is going to have to gripe about it enough to get it done.

Its the culture of UNT athletics that eventually leads to frustration and give up.

#retiredonduty.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

No link to "give" money like NutsaK(how long have they had football),  inaccurate coaching list, etc.  No direct link to baseball donations, regardless of the "silent phase".  Hell, just put a friggin' link for baseball donations, telling people about the silent phase.  I think the Athletic Department at the University of North Texas needs a major overhaul.

Anyone out there with me on this?  UNT90, how about it?  How do you feel?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have no comment on that Ticketmaster site thing...other than to say that it is much harder to use than it should be.  Now that being said...anyone having challenges with MGC renewals and tickets...CALL Mike Smith with the Mean Green Club at 940-565-3528.  

He will definitely take care of you. No, shouldn't have to make a call, but until this gets sorted out, don't let the frustration boil over...call Mike Smith...940-565-3528.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Every...single...mf'ing time.  I get my weekly MGC newsletter.  They want me to renew my tickets for 2016.  But once again, the online site with my mean green club account doesn't work.  I cannot hit the log in button.  At all.  

So then I've got a different link that I got a couple years ago that takes me directly to username/password.  Hit continue.  Nothing.  Site goes no where.

Dammit, guys.  You wonder why the f you're losing members?  I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY!  STOP MAKING IT SO MF'ING GD DIFFICULT EVERY FING TIME I TRY!

Edit:  The solution seems to be twofold:  1)  No autofill of username/password.  Gotta type that in manually.  2)  None of the buttons go anywhere unless you right click and "open in new tab."

I try to view this as continuing education from UNT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

That I can't help you with, as I won't be renewing for a while, if ever.

You sure only 10? We usually do things circa 1997.

Rumor is RV will get baseball done before retiring, which means don't look for baseball anytime soon...

He is determined to milk it to the max.

200.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:
2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

No link to "give" money like NutsaK(how long have they had football),  inaccurate coaching list, etc.  No direct link to baseball donations, regardless of the "silent phase".  Hell, just put a friggin' link for baseball donations, telling people about the silent phase.  I think the Athletic Department at the University of North Texas needs a major overhaul.

Anyone out there with me on this?  UNT90, how about it?  How do you feel?

watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA

• Downvote 1

This is the kind of problem that gives UNT athletics a bad reputation among alumni who want to support it financially. I got so tired of half-assed customer service and other problems I quit the Mean Green Club several years ago.

If you're trying to give money to the school and the athletics' website hoses that job, you should complain directly to President Smatresk.

Send an email to president@unt.edu and let him know the problems you are experiencing. If you use Twitter, post a complaint to .@UNTPrez -- some organizations pay more attention to complaints on social media.

I just called his attention to this topic with this tweet:

If a few other people do the same, it might compel him to get it fixed after the holiday.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I have no comment on that Ticketmaster site thing...other than to say that it is much harder to use than it should be.  Now that being said...anyone having challenges with MGC renewals and tickets...CALL Mike Smith with the Mean Green Club at 940-565-3528.  

He will definitely take care of you. No, shouldn't have to make a call, but until this gets sorted out, don't let the frustration boil over...call Mike Smith...940-565-3528.

I'm sure people appreciate you attempting to fix a problem, but the problem is it's not your responsibility to fix this problem.

And it's always an extra effort required by the donor, ticket buyer, game attendee with this AD. 

Easiest job in America.

#retiredonduty

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2