Marshall (1/14/16)

CMJ

Surprised we fought back to hold Marshal under 100 and close the gap to 19. With the awful start and being down what (37 points) and no Deckie we finished the game better than I thought. 2-2 in conference is not awful. With this weak conference we could still make a run. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

3 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

NT played horrible, but this Marshall team could have beat most teams tonight.  Usual great effort from Combs. No excuse for a defense to be this bad.  

The thing that struck me when I cared enough to look was that we had the same record coming into this game.  The difference in competition faced by Marshall accounted for their superiority.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Surprised we fought back to hold Marshal under 100 and close the gap to 19. With the awful start and being down what (37 points) and no Deckie we finished the game better than I thought. 2-2 in conference is not awful. With this weak conference we could still make a run. 

LOL!  Marshall did everything possible to not score 100 points.  If you look at the stat sheet, they played everyone.  It was hardly our "defense" battling back.  This team still has yet to beat anyone with a winning record and I will be shocked if it were to happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

LOL!  Marshall did everything possible to not score 100 points.  If you look at the stat sheet, they played everyone.  It was hardly our "defense" battling back.  This team still has yet to beat anyone with a winning record and I will be shocked if it were to happen.

Who cares. I don't get why people whine so much. My life has significance outside of a UNT win. Basketball is by far the best sport and UNT is my home. Since I was very young I loved going to the pit and it won't stop. We never win a game the rest of the season and I will still show up and enjoy myself. Winning games just makes it that much better. It was fun being at the pit tonight and most of the game was enjoyable. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Who cares. I don't get why people whine so much. My life has significance outside of a UNT win. Basketball is by far the best sport and UNT is my home. Since I was very young I loved going to the pit and it won't stop. We never win a game the rest of the season and I will still show up and enjoy myself. Winning games just makes it that much better. It was fun being at the pit tonight and most of the game was enjoyable. 

If that's how you feel, you will end up being the only one left at the games.  No one likes losing.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I care. I don't want to be associated with a school that sucks at everything. Meanwhile, crickets are coming out of Smatresk's office. Spineless. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I care. I don't want to be associated with a school that sucks at everything. Meanwhile, crickets are coming out of Smatresk's office. Spineless. 

I enjoy winning, but losing games isn't going to keep me from going to games. I want them to win, because the players work hard. I know they hate losing, but they also hate people bashing the team or not showing up to games. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6