UNT 2016 Recruiting and Staff

Eagle-96

1. If Coach Littrell intends on having any local high school coaches on staff he needs to get him/them hired ASAP as they will need to be certified by the NCAA before they get on the recruiting trail and time is something we don't have very much of.

2. We have roughly 1 1/2 weeks before the JUCO signing day. If he intends to bring any over(QB please) then he needs to be recruiting them now because we need them here for spring ball or they aren't worth bringing in.

3. He needs to determine which players aren't on board and weed them out now. We need to know what positions to recruit now not next week.

4. He needs to determine which coaches to retain ASAP and I would hope he's interviewing the staff as soon as the festivities are done today. We need any retained staff to get back on the trail.

• Upvote 4

4. He needs to determine which coaches to retain ASAP and I would hope he's interviewing the staff as soon as the festivities are done today. We need any retained staff to get back on the trail.

I can take care of this for him. None. See, one less thing for him to worry about.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

I can take care of this for him. None. See, one less thing for him to worry about.

I think Tommy Perry should be considered beacuse A. He is a good coach and B. We need at least one guy that can keep the door open to those that have been recruited thus far. I don't want to make the process more difficult on Litrell than is necessary.

• Upvote 3

1. If Coach Littrell intends on having any local high school coaches on staff he needs to get him/them hired ASAP as they will need to be certified by the NCAA before they get on the recruiting trail and time is something we don't have very much of.

2. We have roughly 1 1/2 weeks before the JUCO signing day. If he intends to bring any over(QB please) then he needs to be recruiting them now because we need them here for spring ball or they aren't worth bringing in.

3. He needs to determine which players aren't on board and weed them out now. We need to know what positions to recruit now not next week.

I feel sure Coach Littrell knows what he's doing and how to do it.

I think Tommy Perry should be considered beacuse A. He is a good coach and B. We need at least one guy that can keep the door open to those that have been recruited thus far. I don't want to make the process more difficult on Litrell than is necessary.

That is probably a safe bet. Everyone else is probably OTD.

• Upvote 1

I am sure there are some fine coaches that were on McCarney' staff and they should be giving consideration.   However, given the current state of NT's recruiting, I wouldn't retain anyone for that reason.  

The main thing at this point is to get the staff together and get them recruiting.  Two months is not a long time, but at NT: I think it is more than enough to better any class that McCarney brought in.  NT is on the very bottom tier of FB recruiting, frankly there is only one direction to go.  

So you are saying the last staff was good at recruiting?

So you are saying the last staff was good at recruiting?

I am saying that a new coach needs some continuity with recruiting and many other things. He needs to have someone he can sit down with and discuss the players on our board with some knowledge of when, why, how, these kids have been recruited. He needs someone he can go over film of our current players with to provide knowledgeable input. He needs someone to help him get accustomed to the culture here. This is Littrell's first head coaching gig he needs all the help he can get and I think Perry is a coach deserving of this shot.

Edited by Eagle-96

any thoughts as to bringing in a high school head coach from a power house program?  Denton Ryan or Guyer?  If we are going to try and start to keep talent here, should Littrell have atleast one guy from those ranks?  Or do we do all FBS experienced coaches/recruiters? 

any thoughts as to bringing in a high school head coach from a power house program?  Denton Ryan or Guyer?  If we are going to try and start to keep talent here, should Littrell have atleast one guy from those ranks?  Or do we do all FBS experienced coaches/recruiters? 

We've talked about that a lot but Seth didn't give any details.  However, as much as he praised Texas high school coaches, you have to assume he's considering it.