Widespread Night Of Terror in Paris, France...Again

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

1. the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Thank you for your 2-second google search.

Let's dig a little deeper, shall we?  

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

• Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
  • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
  • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

Seems to meet all of the "Domestic Terrorism" qualifications, as defined by our very own government.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Yes, nothing like our very own government to obfuscate a simple definition.  Maybe we should go back to man-made disaster.  The generally accepted central tenet of terrorism or a terrorist attack is to advance a political cause, belief or pursuit.  I think most people understand that.  If you want to call what that wacko kid did domestic terrorism because your government told you that's what it was, then by all means have at it.  I'm comfortable knowing that SHES was not a terrorist attack.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for your 2-second google search.
Let's dig a little deeper, shall we?  

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

• Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
  • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
  • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

Seems to meet all of the "Domestic Terrorism" qualifications, as defined by our very own government.

The second bullet point does not point to terrorism at Sandy Hook.  Scrotbag did not attempt to do any of those things listed.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yes, nothing like our very own government to obfuscate a simple definition.  Maybe we should go back to man-made disaster.  The generally accepted central tenet of terrorism or a terrorist attack is to advance a political cause, belief or pursuit.  I think most people understand that.  If you want to call what that wacko kid did domestic terrorism because your government told you that's what it was, then by all means have at it.  I'm comfortable knowing that SHES was not a terrorist attack.

while you have Webster's open, would you mind thumbing to "semantics" for me? 

784,000 resettled refugees since 9/11...3 arrested for terror plots

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Got a guess for me yet?  How many Muslim Americans would you guess could stomach suicide bombings to defend Islam?

Rick

I'm not quite sure I understand this question.

is this like asking how many Christians could stomach bombings in Ireland to defend Christianity?  None.  But that's because you look at that sectarian violence & know it does not represent your faith.

Again, the point I'm trying to make is that the suicide bombers & Jihadis do not represent Muslims.  ...so to answer your question, I think, Zero.

if I'm misunderstanding the question, please help me clarify.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not quite sure I understand this question.

is this like asking how many Christians could stomach bombings in Ireland to defend Christianity?  None.  But that's because you look at that sectarian violence & know it does not represent your faith.

Again, the point I'm trying to make is that the suicide bombers & Jihadis do not represent Muslims.  ...so to answer your question, I think, Zero.

if I'm misunderstanding the question, please help me clarify.

According to Pew Research roughly 8% of the Muslim American population.....meaning by today's numbers around 221,000 people in the U.S.......support suicide bombings to advance Islam.  And the number is much higher in Europe.

http://www.pewresearch.org/2007/05/22/muslim-americans-middle-class-and-mostly-mainstream/

Call me crazy but that's a lot of people here already that would be ok if your family was murdered for their cause.  I don't see how it's a good idea to bring more of them in?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

According to Pew Research roughly 8% of the Muslim American population.....meaning by today's numbers around 221,000 people in the U.S.......support suicide bombings to advance Islam.  And the number is much higher in Europe.

http://www.pewresearch.org/2007/05/22/muslim-americans-middle-class-and-mostly-mainstream/

Call me crazy but that's a lot of people here already that would be ok if your family was murdered for their cause.  I don't see how it's a good idea to bring more of them in?

Rick

ignoring your purposeful re-wording of the poll question...could you explain to me the difference in the justification of suicide bombing in certain circumstances and advocating a higher tolerance of civilian casualties in "targeted" airstrikes, as Ted Cruz did immediately after the Paris attacks? 

really all this poll shows to me is that roughly 8% of the Muslim American population is ignorant. seems pretty far ahead of the curve for the rest of the country...

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Rick

What about the other 92%?  Lump them in with the 8%?  

If so, the terrorists are swaying your views & therefor winning.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

What about the other 92%?  Lump them in with the 8%?  

If so, the terrorists are swaying your views & therefor winning.

But are even .00000008% of say Southern Baptists into that kind of thing? Canada won't even allow people with 20 year old misdemeanor DWI convictions to visit their country as tourists, but we're supposed to allow 8% bombers to LIVE in ours? Something's just not right there.

Huffington Post:

France Shuts Three Mosques Suspected Of Radicalization

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/565ee8e7e4b08e945fed6f47

Surpised to hear about this.

Rick

Glad to see that France is finally stepping up to the plate of reality.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I guess so since that's what liberals (insert your preferred demographic here) do in regards to law abiding gun  pit bull owners and gun pit bull violence.  

Funny how that works isn't it?

Gun owners, dog owners, Christians, Muslims.  Virtually everybody is guilty of fearing some particular group of people, then lumping 100% of them together into the "bad" group.

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

Two Mideast refugees arrested on terror charges appearing in US courts

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/08/iraq-born-refugees-arrested-on-terror-charges-in-california-texas.html

A criminal complaint unsealed Thursday accused 23-year-old Aws Mohammed Younis Al-Jayab, of Sacramento, Calif., of traveling to Syria to fight alongside terrorist organizations and lying to government investigators about it.

Almost simultaneously in Houston, federal authorities announced the arrest of Omar Faraj Saeed Al Hardan, 24, on charges of attempting to provide material support to ISIS, procurement of citizenship or naturalization unlawfully and making false statements

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Police: Philly gunman says he shot cop in name of Islam

Shot 13 times, was able to returned fire.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/philadelphia-shooting-suspect-ambush-police-officer-islam/

Rick

Yes, let's let the entire Islamic world move on over to our neighborhoods. It's just the right thing to do. At least according to Barack Hussein Obama.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 11:18 PM, foutsrouts said:

But are even .00000008% of say Southern Baptists into that kind of thing?

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 11:18 PM, foutsrouts said:

we're supposed to allow 8% bombers to LIVE in ours? Something's just not right there.

I'm about 60% sure that 78% of all made up statistics are correct about 24% of the time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 1/8/2016 at 3:58 PM, foutsrouts said:

Yes, let's let the entire Islamic world move on over to our neighborhoods. It's just the right thing to do. At least according to Barack Hussein Obama.

Let's kick out all the white guys who shoot up abortion clinics and schools and congressional meet and greets and movie theaters and take over government buildings asking for cigarettes and booze....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

Let's kick out all the white guys who shoot up abortion clinics and schools and congressional meet and greets and movie theaters and take over government buildings asking for cigarettes and booze....

It's one thing to have trouble here, it's quite another to invite more...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Works for me. Air drop them into Raqqa along with the affluenza boy and sorority girl killer and let them try and fight their way out. Maybe they'll keep some of the ISIS "refugees" occupied long enough to miss Obama's boats to America. 

Edited by foutsrouts
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1