Mike Smith comes to UNT

I don't think so. Judging by the title (assistant A.D.), he'll be working under Nitardy (senior associate A.D.). And judging by the common Penn State background, I'd guess he worked under Nitardy before and Nitardy brought him in at UNT.

Oops. Missed the Asst. part on the copy and paste. Sorry about that.

To view this email as a web page, go here.

Dear Harry,

We are pleased to announce the hiring of Michael D. Smith Jr.

as Mean Green Club Asst. AD for Development/Major Gifts. As the newest member of our team, Mike will focus on identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift donors.

A native of Tuscaloosa, AL, Mike comes to us from the University of Dayton where he supervised the Dayton Champions & Scholars Fund. While there, he secured over $1 million in financial support while helping Dayton reach an all-time fundraising high in 2014-15. Prior to Dayton, Mike was a member of the Nittany Lion Club staff at Penn State and worked in the office of development at Auburn University. Mike has both major gift and annual fund experience, working closely with coaches, administrators and colleagues in University Advancement.

Mike earned a masters degree in higher education administration and a bachelors degree in radio, television and film from Auburn University. His passion for intercollegiate athletics, along with his fundraising knowledge and experience working in a fast pace environment, make him a great addition to our Mean Green Club team.

I am excited to have Mike on our Mean Green Club team. His

energy and dedication, along with his ability to identify prospects and establish relationships with our donors will make him a tremendous asset to our efforts, said Senior Associate Athletic Director for Development John Nitardy.

Please join us in welcoming Mike Smith to our Mean Green

Family. Mike will officially start on Monday May 11, and his office will be located in Apogee stadium.

2015 Football Schedule

Become a Fan

Follow Us

2015 Coaches Caravans NEXT WEEK!

Tuesday May,19 @ 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.

North Texas Athletics Presents

Coaches Caravan - First State Bank Conference Center

837 E. California St, Gainesville, TX 76240

The Mean Green Club along with Frank Morris and First State Bank will be hosting a Coaches Caravan on Tuesday, May 19 from 5 p.m.- 7 p.m.! RSVP to meangreenclub@unt.edu or click HERE to RSVP online.

Wednesday, May 20 @ 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Coaches Caravan - White Elephant Saloon

108 East Exchange Ave. Ft.Worth, TX 76164

The Mean Green Club and Coaches head to Fort Worth on Wednesday, May 20 at 11:30 a.m. to meet with fans. Come enjoy lunch with your favorite North Texas Coaches. RSVP to secure your FREE LUNCH at meangreenclub@unt.edu or click HERE to RSVP online. $10 at the door for all walk up guests. Valet is avaliable at Lonesome Dove next door to the White Elephant Saloon.

Thursday, May 21 @ 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

Coaches Caravan - House of Blues

2200 N. Lama St. Dallas, TX 75202

The Mean Green Club and Coaches head to House of Blues in Dallas, Thursday May 21 at 11:30 a.m. to meet with fans and answer questions. Come enjoy lunch with your favorite North Texas Coaches. RSVP to secure your FREE LUNCH at meangreenclub@unt.edu or click HERE to RSVP online. $10 at the door for all walk up guests. Valet is avaliable for $10.

www.meangreensports.com

Jessica Hulsbosch left for greener pastures. Her future husband is Victor Gill and he took the job with the shorthorns in Austin. She found a job down there.

So this guy is going to be taking her spot?

If so, I'm hoping for more enthusiasm out of this dude.

Much respect for her accomplishments wearing Green on the v-ball court, but MGC Coordinator was not the job for her.

• Upvote 1

So this guy is going to be taking her spot?

If so, I'm hoping for more enthusiasm out of this dude.

Much respect for her accomplishments wearing Green on the v-ball court, but MGC Coordinator was not the job for her.

She beat the hell out of Mandy McKinley.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

Just gonna lob that softball right down the middle to a spring loaded ca. 1985 aluminum bat with a hurricane grade wind blowing to the outfield, aren't you?

The outfield in your scenario is beckoning just like Mandy's MCG 'advertisements' back in the day: "If we haven't talked, it's because you haven't called me yet" <-- not a joke.

The outfield in your scenario is beckoning just like Mandy's MCG 'advertisements' back in the day: "If we haven't talked, it's because you haven't called me yet" <-- not a joke.

But she wouldn't give me her phone number!

I kid, I kid! I met her, but never much interacted with her. I was still a broke ass grad student when she was around, so we had no use for each other. I have heard that she was a hard worker, but have also heard considerably more that she could be, well, off putting.

Al Hurley set us back 20 years or more in football. He wanted to drop football. Al Hurley = evil academia. This is what the problem is, the dude that was president/ chancellor 6 presidents ago. Let's bring him up and rehash everything he did wrong. Mandy was a broke ass young fundraiser when she was here.

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When I saw that post I got my hopes up because I thought he might be replacing John Nitardy. I am NOT impressed with that gentleman. Unfortunately he will be working under Mr. Nitardy's supervision. Oh, well.......hope springs eternal.

• Upvote 3

That's nothing compared to "You don't donate enough money to be here" to the personal guest of a major donor, or asking another major donor to pay for his 3 year old granddaughter's meal moments after the donor had just given out 30 or so tickets at $35 a piece to NT students so they could attend the same event for free.

Oh,... I could go on but I won't.

Rick

That's nothing compared to "You don't donate enough money to be here" to the personal guest of a major donor, or asking another major donor to pay for his 3 year old granddaughter's meal moments after the donor had just given out 30 or so tickets at $35 a piece to NT students so they could attend the same event for free.

Oh,... I could go on but I won't.

Rick

And then there's the classic Mandy response (sarcastic and dismissive) when you asked if she needed any help setting up the tent at the NMSU game. A response btw that my wife witnessed and caused her jaw to drop in disbelief.

My first (and most lasting) impression about how competent our AD is in hiring staff.