Iowa game is a little more realistic

.2 3/4 decades to be exact

Rick

To be exact.

UT was asking to be beaten in the 2014 opener. They seemingly did everything possible to lose that game. And we went one step further with literally the worst QB play I've ever seen in college football. Ever. Not hyperbole. Truly, never seen worse QB play than that game, that day.

To be exact.

UT was asking to be beaten in the 2014 opener. They seemingly did everything possible to lose that game. And we went one step further with literally the worst QB play I've ever seen in college football. Ever. Not hyperbole. Truly, never seen worse QB play than that game, that day.

Don't forget that no one was held accountable for that terrible QB play. Not the AD, not the head coach, not the OC (where the blame should have squarely fallen).

Nobody.

And if Smith doesn't qualify, get ready to see a repeat at Iowa and at Tennessee. And the same below pedestrian play in conference games.

Then be prepared for no one to be held accountable.

Again.

To be exact.

If you think that was the worse QB play, you have not seen many football games. It looked to me like a stellar performance compared to the UAB game.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Wow. So when I enter a project or any endeavor I enter with the thought process of what can be done. Not sure what season the negative nellies are waiting for. This is not a dress rehearsal. Get on your planes get in your cars go see history. I remember rolling into Lubbock in the 90s and learning a very valuable lesson. You never know. Walked onto the tech campus hoping to keep it close then memory for life twice.

The way I see it is that our new WKU game night has us with a prime chance to topple top 25 at home on national tv. Tennessee has the chance to rock the sec and Iowa will be a homecoming of all homecomings for many on out team.

Looking forward to the madness that is fall in Texas 2015!

GMG

If you think that was the worse QB play, you have not seen many football games. It looked to me like a stellar performance compared to the UAB game.

Our quarterbacks were 3-17 for 15 yards and 4 picks vs Texas. They also had a combined -37 yards rushing. So they accounted for -22 yards and 4 turnovers.....how is that not the worst QB play you've ever seen?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wow. So when I enter a project or any endeavor I enter with the thought process of what can be done. Not sure what season the negative nellies are waiting for. This is not a dress rehearsal. Get on your planes get in your cars go see history. I remember rolling into Lubbock in the 90s and learning a very valuable lesson. You never know. Walked onto the tech campus hoping to keep it close then memory for life twice.

The way I see it is that our new WKU game night has us with a prime chance to topple top 25 at home on national tv. Tennessee has the chance to rock the sec and Iowa will be a homecoming of all homecomings for many on out team.

I don't think pointing out that our QB play has to improve dramatically to beat a team that will be a heavy, odds-on favorite means that we don't want the team to win or that we won't root for it in the face of what will be called "certain defeat."

I plan to be at all three games you mentioned. Recognizing poor play at a given position isn't mutually exclusive of being hopeful for a team victory.

Our quarterbacks were 3-17 for 15 yards and 4 picks vs Texas. They also had a combined -37 yards rushing. So they accounted for -22 yards and 4 turnovers.....how is that not the worst QB play you've ever seen?

I'm with you and Eagle 1855. It was a mind numbingly bad QB performance. Worst I can recall in my 18 years following the Mean Green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First, there is a lot of difference in a bad UT team and a UAB team that disbanded after the year, not to mention playing in front of 100,000 vs 5,000. Second, NT's offense did nothing against UT; they couldn't run or pass. Against UAB, QB errors lost a game that should have been a win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First, there is a lot of difference in a bad UT team and a UAB team that disbanded after the year, not to mention playing in front of 100,000 vs 5,000. Second, NT's offense did nothing against UT; they couldn't run or pass. Against UAB, QB errors lost a game that should have been a win.

I get what you are trying to say Grand but frankly that UT game was one of THE most disappointing games I have ever witnessed in person and I have been to a few. The defense played their heart out and we absolutely were just pitiful and unprepared on offense. UAB was bad but nothing like the missed opportunity at UT. In fact, I shudder to think how some of our better teams with Scott Davis, Scott Hall etc would have given their left nut to have been representing us on that day...

I was at that game. Our defense was stout, which made it all the most frustrating that our QB play was so bad. Worst QB play I have ever seen. Period. The UT fans were sweating, and that's what made that game all the more horrible. 31 points doesn't seem like stout defense but when it's hot and one 3 and out after another + four picks tends to break down the defense. I feel like everyone on the team was ready to pull a W except the QBs.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 2

Greer had a 0.1 QBR in that game, and McNulty had a 0.0! Greer threw WAY more bounce passes than completions that game! I don't care what the competition level was it was the most pitiful thing I have ever seen!

That disbanded UAB team also won 6 games and went .500 in conference. It's not like that game happened against a 1-11 team.

• Upvote 1

Not a whole lot of credit given the UT defense. They unlike most such games were fired up and completely controlled the game. This game was not the toss-up that many are now portraying it. Oh, if NT just had better QB play.

Might as well state that NT against Nicholls State was the best offensive game in NT history, ignoring the opponent and circumstances.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Downvote 1