New time for Coaches' show at Rudy's

NT03

but I can't say he has failed based on what he has done and considering how things were prior to his arrival.

Jesus H. Only here can an AD be 100 games under .500 and not be considered a failure just because the last guy sucked worse.

The "better than the last guy" formula is not a winning one.

Edited by GRN-WHT
  • Upvote 4

Jesus H. Only here can an AD be 100 games .500 and not be considered a failure just because the last guy sucked worse.

The "better than the last guy" formula is not a winning one.

I completely agree plus its been 14+ years since the last guy. When does RV get graded on what he accomplishes or doesn't accomplish and not based on what Hewlig did so long ago?

• Upvote 3

m

You are right. I live in the simple world that doesn't include a scheduling fairy that grants impossible "working on it" wishes.

And how did that "working in it" turn out? In a 5 home game season I warned you was coming for 2 years. You said wait and trust in the AD.

You live in a world full of much more denial than I. ;-)

No, you live in a simple world where a scheduling fairy grants P5 home and home against a team you approve of wishes. Just because we want them to come here doesn't mean they will agree.

I said you are free to blame RV for the 5 home game schedule, but saying that he was lying about working on it without proof is a much weightier accusation. I will always give our AD a chance to fix something. He didn't, and that is where accountability begins.

You just live in a world of different denial, not less.

• Upvote 1

No, you live in a simple world where a scheduling fairy grants P5 home and home against a team you approve of wishes. Just because we want them to come here doesn't mean they will agree.

I said you are free to blame RV for the 5 home game schedule, but saying that he was lying about working on it without proof is a much weightier accusation. I will always give our AD a chance to fix something. He didn't, and that is where accountability begins.

You just live in a world of different denial, not less.

No doubt I do live I a different world of accountability. I look at actual evidence and don't just take someone at their word.

Keep in mind he still hasn't formally stated we will only have 5 home games next year, that I am aware of, anyway.

This isn't the only time he has lied to the fans, just the most blatant and aggregious (at least to me).

We re-schedule UTA yet?

Edited by UNT90

No doubt I do live I a different world of accountability. I look at actual evidence and don't just take someone at their word.

You definitely live in a different world of accountability. I don't hold someone accountable until they have actually failed, not when I think that they may have failed without giving them a chance to finish the job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You definitely live in a different world of accountability. I don't hold someone accountable until they have actually failed, not when I think that they may have failed without giving them a chance to finish the job.

What job? 100 games under .500 for 14 year job? 2 home game home seasons in 4 years job? Never bringing any marque teams to a brand new stadium in the hottest recruiting are in Texas job? Destroying the basketball program just when it was poised to take off job? Hiring Dodge, Benford, Peterson. and Stephens job?

You really are going to have to be more clear.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Keep in mind he still hasn't formally stated we will only have 5 home games next year, that I am aware of, anyway.

This isn't the only time he has lied to the fans, just the most blatant and aggregious (at least to me).

So since we haven't announced our football schedule for 2015 RV hasn't exactly completely lied to us about whether or not he tried to fix the schedule.

We re-schedule UTA yet?

Yes - http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/08/unt-to-renew-rivalry-with-uta.html/

Edited by UNTFan23

What job? 100 games under .500 for 14 year job? 2 home game home seasons in 4 years job? Never bringing any marque teams to a brand new stadium in the hottest recruiting are in Texas job? Destroying the basketball program just when it was poised to take off job? Hiring Dodge, Benford, Peterson. and Stephens job?

You really are going to have to be more clear.

You know good and well that we are talking about one specific event here. You accuse others of having an agenda, but by constantly bringing this kind of stuff into a specific discussion, you show your own. I don't know how anyone could miss that you want RV fired, but you certainly don't leave any room for ambiguity.

• Upvote 4

You know good and well that we are talking about one specific event here. You accuse others of having an agenda, but by constantly bringing this kind of stuff into a specific discussion, you show your own. I don't know how anyone could miss that you want RV fired, but you certainly don't leave any room for ambiguity.

Considering I've said multiple times in several threads that it's time for RV to go, this really is no secret.

And it took me a very long time to get to that point and I'm still scared as hell that the proper replacement won't be hired. But I think it's time to take that chance.

Some people don't want this "stuff" - otherwise know as job performance - ever brought up.

And that's the real cultural problem with UNT fandom.

So since we haven't announced our football schedule for 2015 RV hasn't exactly completely lied to us about whether or not he tried to fix the schedule.

Lol.

Ok. And Santa Clause came to your house over Christmas and you still put your teeth under the pillow.

People say crazy things when defending a lie.

See above.

I feel like when I rebutt unt90 on anything, I am stuck in a late 70's episode of point counterpoint on Saturday night live. He gleans out every negative thing that happens around here and just freakin pounds it, ignoring every good thing that happens around here. I have invested so much in this over the past 8 years, money, time, energy and emotion, and I know about the bad stuff, but the salesman in me has to expound on the good stuff. Knowing that negative reflects badly on my university, the kids who sweat to represent it, and anyone who went before them.

This is why in the internet realm of things, I think 90 is an idiot, a pariah, a joke. I see no value in constantly Harping on the same damned things, over and over and over.

I know that 90 is a contributing member of this thing, but jeez, enough already.

That is all.....

#itsallajoke

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

I feel like when I rebutt unt90 on anything, I am stuck in a late 70's episode of point counterpoint on Saturday night live. He gleans out every negative thing that happens around here and just freakin pounds it, ignoring every good thing that happens around here. I have invested so much in this over the past 8 years, money, time, energy and emotion, and I know about the bad stuff, but the salesman in me has to expound on the good stuff. Knowing that negative reflects badly on my university, the kids who sweat to represent it, and anyone who went before them.

This is why in the internet realm of things, I think 90 is an idiot, a pariah, a joke. I see no value in constantly Harping on the same damned things, over and over and over.

I know that 90 is a contributing member of this thing, but jeez, enough already.

That is all.....

#itsallajoke

And counterpoint...

I simply balance those who do nothing but pump the positive when there really isn't a positive. Those who are perfectly OK being way below mediocre on a whole host of issues, from on the field performance to scheduling to coaching hires. Remember when I didn't post like this? Prior to 2012? Before I started paying closer attention to detail?

And discount me all you want, but please take note of the normally positive posters that have grown increasing negative about the direction of this athletic program under the current leadership. They, too, can see with their own eyes a stunning lack of progress for a university the size of UNT and the inability to get things done that universities with MUCH bigger challenges than UNT ARE getting done. This AD has had 14 years to re-connect with alumni. He hasn't done it. How much time are you willing to give him?

Who knows, maybe my posts pointing out some problems is just causing your group to close ranks around RV. That would be unfortunate. I would hope they have caused your group (people who actually have a voice in this thing) to ask some hard questions of the AD. And I hope he answered them, instead of talking around them and using personal relationships to avoid consequences.

I will continue to harp on scheduling until RV decides to put the effort in to bring scheduling up to an FBS university standard. He is the worst scheduler in CUSA and in the bottom rung of the Sun Belt, with schools like Arkansas St. and LaLa outperforming him. Hopefully, that is not ok with you. Hopefully, you are asking hard questions and not allowing a personal relationship to manipulate the situation. When we commit (which is more than a promise, because RV has broken many of his promises to this fan base) to making the schedule better, I will get off this issue.

We haven't made that commitment yet. See Incarnate Word.

#bigdonorsmanipulated

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3