List of UNT Football seasons?

I recall at one point finding a website a few years ago that had a list of UNT football seasons with the record for each year and coach. I can't seem to find this info anywhere anymore, does anyone know where it might be or have a personal list of their own they can post? I am always interested in looking at historical win-lose totals of programs. Thanks!

This thread got me curious. I know a guy who played for the 1957 Rice Owls. Always talking up the SWC championship and Cotton Bowl appearance and whatnot. So I went to look him up. Didn't find him on the data warehouse mentioned above, but did find him on the Rice Athletics website. Looking through that roster, I only count 58 players. Was that common for the time? Didn't the big schools like Oklahoma put something ridiculous like 180,000 players on the roster merely to keep other schools from recruiting them?

The UNT Fact Book also has a list. PDF is at http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ntex/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/2014FBallFactBook.pdf

The season by season results start on page 92.

This I had not seen and this is really awesome. I'm a sports statistics nerd so I'm going to be occupied looking at this the next few hours.

This thread got me curious. I know a guy who played for the 1957 Rice Owls. Always talking up the SWC championship and Cotton Bowl appearance and whatnot. So I went to look him up. Didn't find him on the data warehouse mentioned above, but did find him on the Rice Athletics website. Looking through that roster, I only count 58 players. Was that common for the time? Didn't the big schools like Oklahoma put something ridiculous like 180,000 players on the roster merely to keep other schools from recruiting them?

Yes.. I think that is correct... about UT and OU signing huge numbers... I don't think teams were all that large then ... one reason is schools had Freshman teams .....and second freshman were not even allowed to play on varsity teams ..... It also explains why some individual career stats then were not so large.... they only played three years ... not four.

Yes.. I think that is correct... about UT and OU signing huge numbers... I don't think teams were all that large then ... one reason is schools had Freshman teams .....and second freshman were not even allowed to play on varsity teams ..... It also explains why some individual career stats then were not so large.... they only played three years ... not four.

Was that the era of one platoon football? They may have had a ton of players on scholarship, but I think you only letter if you play. Not much of a chance to letter with one platoon.

Regarding the career stats, having 4 years instead of 3 is a big part.

Longer regular seasons is a big part (9, 10, 11 games vs 12).

Bowl stats now count which they didn't in the past (how dumb is it that we know what the stats are for old games, but they still don't count. For example, Barry Sanders' 222 yards in the Holiday bowl don't count, but Ricky Williams' stats count)

Conference championship game stats count when there weren't championship games in the past.

Now if a team makes a conference championship 2 years in a row, a player can participate in 28 games in 2 years. That's almost more games to achieve stats than a 3 year career in the past.

I recall at one point finding a website a few years ago that had a list of UNT football seasons with the record for each year and coach. I can't seem to find this info anywhere anymore, does anyone know where it might be or have a personal list of their own they can post? I am always interested in looking at historical win-lose totals of programs. Thanks!

I've always enjoyed this site http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/byName.htmif you're looking for quick season by season summary information.