In Denton, Texas, voters approve 'unprecedented' fracking ban

Good job moving the goalposts again. The original point was that Republicans haven't been the progressive party on civil rights when that they once were, nobody is arguing the great deeds done by Lincoln or Teddy Roosevelt or any Reconstructionist Republican congressman that were considered radical leftists in their time.

I know what you meant, I didn't miss the point. You can beat your chest about Utah electing a black Republican all you want, but they're a deep red state who will elect just about anyone with an R next to their name, especially in a conservative-leaning district. That's really nothing to crow about when Democrats have been electing black congresswomen, senators, governors and even a President for 50 years. Not to mention they'll be the first to nominate and elect a woman for President in 2 years too. :phone:

So pick and choosing anything post '64 that has helped to advance minorities doesn't count in anyway, right? Who's moving the goal post?

Rick

• Upvote 1

South Carolina has been a deeply red Republican state since the removal of Jim Crow laws that prevented them from voting or running for office in the first place. Of course no black Democrat is going to win with a D next to his name in South Carolina in 2014. They could have run MLK Jr as a Democrat and it wouldn't have mattered.

lelz.

But wait. You often state that all the racist democrats became republicans when the south went red.

And you often imply (if not outright state) that all southern republicans are racists.

So if this is true, how exactly did racist southern republicans elect a black republican senator in South Carolina.

Also, you rant about the author Rick mentions is laughable. You discredit him because he doesn't agree with you politically. So does that mean I get to discredit every reporter (outside of George Will) that works for ABC, NBC, and CBS because they are liberal?

Interesting world in which you live, my friend.

EDIT: Also, your highly politicized comments on race in the Trayvon Martin thread should discredit anything you have to say on that issue with anyone reading this forum.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

So pick and choosing anything post '64 that has helped to advance minorities doesn't count in anyway, right? Who's moving the goal post?

Rick

I see your examples of "Republicans championing black issues" as something of an analogy where UT hires Charlie Strong and says to UCLA "Hey look guys, we got a black coach, why don't you guys have one? Aren't we cool".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I see your examples of "Republicans championing black issues" as something of an analogy where UT hires Charlie Strong and says to UCLA "Hey look guys, we got a black coach, why don't you guys have one? Aren't we cool".

Right, because you believe all republicans are racist.

That would make you prejudiced.

Pre-judge...

See how that works?

Just like you prejudged in the Martin thread and were proven wrong time after time after time by hard assed evidence yet never admitted you were wrong, because you just knew a half white/half Hispanic guy that you had never met before and knew nothing about was a racist and gunned a black guy down in cold blood.

Pre-judge.

But in your world it's ok to prejudge, as long as the person you prejudge is white.

Hypocritical to the inth.

For those who missed that thread, lets recount, shall we?

You said the Zimmerman was a racist because he identified Martin as a black male in the 911 call. I said that race was an identifier and that if he hadn't ID'ed Martin as a black make, he would have been asked his race. You then implied I was a conservative racist.

Of course, it later came out that one of the 3 mainstream media outlets intentionally altered the 911 call and Zimmerman had been ask what race Martin was by the call taker before he told the call taker that information. Yet I've never once heard you voice outrage at this media outlet, only Fox News. Shocking.

Next you trumpeted a grainy Sallyport video as proof that Zimmerman had no injuries the night the shooting occurred. I told you that police would have pictures of Zimmerman taken up close that night and we needed to wait for trial. Pretty sure you implied I was a republican racist, although I'm not sure in this one. Then, of course, we found out at trial that police had, gasp!, done their job and taken numerous, up close photos of Zimmerman which showed multiple head wounds and a broken nose. Yet you never admit that you were wrong.

That is just a glance at the race-baiting world of Coffee and Tea, folks. Search for Trayvon Martin in this forum and read the whole nasty, prejudiced thread if you want to feel the need to kill yourself at the end.

There were other offenders, but Coffee and Tea was by far the worst and the loudest. Of course he didnt learn his lesson, as he has done the same thing in the Ferguson shooting thread.

Give him no credibility when it comes to anything race related. He has earned at least that much.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I never said anything of the kind about Republicans championing black issues. My examples are facts that counter GTWT's original statements that "Conservatives have been wrong about every big issue in the last half-century - e.g.,...civil rights".

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I never said anything of the kind about Republicans championing black issues. My examples are facts that counter GTWT's original statements that "Conservatives have been wrong about every big issue in the last half-century - e.g.,...civil rights".

Rick

I understand why this issue is embarrassing to Republicans. Remember though, that as your quote makes clear, I wasn't indicting Republicans, I was talking about the opposition of conservatives to civil rights - conservative Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. The conservatives - of all kinds - were on the wrong side of this issue in the middle of the 20th Century. The idea that today's conservatives support minority rights - if true - is only proof that they now recognize that their ancestors were wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I understand why this issue is embarrassing to Republicans. Remember though, that as your quote makes clear, I wasn't indicting Republicans, I was talking about the opposition of conservatives to civil rights - conservative Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. The conservatives - of all kinds - were on the wrong side of this issue in the middle of the 20th Century. The idea that today's conservatives support minority rights - if true - is only proof that they now recognize that their ancestors were wrong.

Ah, ancestors, like man made global warming champion Al Gore's daddy Al Senior.

Speaking of embarrassment, I guess you somehow dismissed that Vice President of yours when he mentioned how Obama was " the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean"...

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Rick, Lots of old-timey politicians - including Al Gore, Sr - were on the wrong side of the civil rights issue. Some were Denocrats, some were Republicans. What did they all have in common? They were conservatives.

Conservatives of all stripes tend to choose short-term benefit over long-term good. That's why they are wrong about the environment and climate change, & why they were so wrong about civil rights.

Are you really going to go back and find every stupid thing that Joe Biden has said in the past 7 years? You have too much free time.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Ah, ancestors, like man made global warming champion Al Gore's daddy Al Senior.

Speaking of embarrassment, I guess you somehow dismissed that Vice President of yours when he mentioned how Obama was " the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean"...

Rick

Such a racist and appalling statement that Joe Biden made. I hear he was cut from the Vice Presidential short list because Obama was so offended....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Rick, Lots of old-timey politicians - including Al Gore, Sr - were on the wrong side of the civil rights issue. Some were Denocrats, some were Republicans. What did they all have in common? They were conservatives.

Conservatives of all stripes tend to choose short-term benefit over long-term good. That's why they are wrong about the environment and climate change, & why they were so wrong about civil rights.

Are you really going to go back and find every stupid thing that Joe Biden has said in the past 7 years? You have too much free time.

Yet you still love you some Robert Byrd, because he was strong enough to admit he was wrong. Oh, and he kept voting democrat and eventually toed the liberal democrat party line, proving he never really was a conservative.

But you still brand the conservatives who remained or turned republican who were wrong and admitted as much as racists. Simply because they do not agree with you politically.

Sad, really.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

When did I say I loved Robert Byrd? He wasn't as bad as Thurman but that isn't saying much.

And yes the conservatives who opposed the Equal Rights Act & integration were racists. It's nice that some of them later decided that segregation was bad & that fair access to the voting booth was okay but one has to wonder about their motivation.

As for agreeing with my political views - no big deal. I do wish they would accept science. But one can only hope for just so much.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3