For Those Coming to Houston for the Rice Game...

Eagle1855

Just a heads-up: we're playing a music show at a friendly icehouse-style joint called Jackson's Watering Hole this Friday evening, which is located just 1.7 miles from Rice U. 9pm-11pm. Add'l details here.

If you want any recommendations as to restaurants or must-see places in town, I'm glad to offer up what I know. While it's not much of a tourist destination, Houston can be a great place to visit -- if you know where to go. The weather should be absolutely perfect.

The Rice & West U area, as well as the adjacent Museum District are truly the city's highlights, in my opinion.

(and excuse the shameless self-promo... to my credit, I cleared it with Harry before posting)

• Upvote 2

Is anyone planning to attend the official tailgate?

Tailgate at Rice on 10/25

The Mean Green Club and North Texas Alumni Association

invite you to a pre-game tailgate and pep rally in Houston before the Mean Green vs. Rice football game. Tailgate is at

9-10:30am and kickoff is at 11am. $15 pre-sale for members of the Mean Green Club and Alumni Association before 10/23.

$20 for non-members and day of admission. Please click HERE to purchase tickets now! Promo code is:gomeangreen. Or you can call the ticket office at 940-565-2527. See tailgate map attached.

Is anyone planning to attend the official tailgate?

Tailgate at Rice on 10/25

The Mean Green Club and North Texas Alumni Association

invite you to a pre-game tailgate and pep rally in Houston before the Mean Green vs. Rice football game. Tailgate is at

9-10:30am and kickoff is at 11am. $15 pre-sale for members of the Mean Green Club and Alumni Association before 10/23.

$20 for non-members and day of admission. Please click HERE to purchase tickets now! Promo code is:gomeangreen. Or you can call the ticket office at 940-565-2527. See tailgate map attached.

I intend to go by it. I'm a bit disappointed there weren't any plans for a Friday evening rally. And if there were, I'm a bit disappointed I never heard about it, since I'm a member of the exes and on every mail list I've been able to find.

So we'll throw our own unofficial party.