Gomeangreen.com

We need someone to head this up, as far as leading the charge. I say put one of the senior members in charge of this project. Hopefully someone who could have the ear of the AD, and maybe get some pub out of it. Both for GMG.com and to show other donors that there is rising support for the cause. Maybe Rick V. could get a big donor to match whatever we put up x10. Just an idea.

This is our chance to do something. We all sit here and say where is the support, this is our chance to go beyond the avg. support and do something special.

Lockers for players and coaches are $1,000 each. Wouldn't it be nice to have TD's locker sponsered by GMG.com. Maybe we could get enough to buy a block of lockers. And we should also buy a locker in a womens sport, which are all at $500 each.

Lets get someone in place before we start namming off donations. Lets set a goal and go for it, that way we will be able to track progress.

We need someone to head this up, as far as leading the charge. I say put one of the senior members in charge of this project. Hopefully someone who could have the ear of the AD, and maybe get some pub out of it. Both for GMG.com and to show other donors that there is rising support for the cause. Maybe Rick V. could get a big donor to match whatever we put up x10. Just an idea.

This is our chance to do something. We all sit here and say where is the support, this is our chance to go beyond the avg. support and do something special.

Lockers for players and coaches are $1,000 each. Wouldn't it be nice to have TD's locker sponsered by GMG.com. Maybe we could get enough to buy a block of lockers. And we should also buy a locker in a womens sport, which are all at $500 each.

Lets get someone in place before we start namming off donations. Lets set a goal and go for it, that way we will be able to track progress.

I think we should be able to get at least $2000-3000. We already have pledged $300-400. Maybe RV will give us a discount on naming one of the bigger more noticable items...say....the Stadium :D

good luck,. you should know rv is not fond of this board. he has posted here but dislikes many of the opinions expressed here. most ads do not like their school message boards.

Maybe we could give it in the name of Harry Miers?

good luck,. you should know rv is not fond of this board. he has posted here but dislikes many of the opinions expressed here. most ads do not like their school message boards.

He posts on here sometimes. It's an internet message board, why would he care to be fond of a message board that talks about what he does everyday? It shouldn't matter to him. We don't even know if he is fond of it or not, and if you do (know) that he doesn't like this board, I'd like to hear how you know.

Aside from him liking the board or not, our money is still GREEN.

This could also go a long way to making him fond of the board, or the people on it.

YOU are correct RV does not like it when he's challenged by people who accuse him of not doing his job (I was one of the main culprits), but once information was disclosed, I backed off my stance. He appreciates this board and what its members do for the program. Does he do everything that this board reccomends? NO, but he shouldn't. This is a FAN message board, and if you remember FAN is short for FANATIC. Would you want the CEO of a company you owned stock in or were employed by thaking direction from a bunch of uninformed FANATICS. I think not.

So people don't accuse me of hiding behind a screen name,

Brett Tulloss

YOU are correct RV does not like it when he's challenged by people who accuse him of not doing his job (I was one of the main culprits), but once information was disclosed, I backed off my stance. He appreciates this board and what its members do for the program. Does he do everything that this board reccomends? NO, but he shouldn't. This is a FAN message board, and if you remember FAN is short for FANATIC. Would you want the CEO of a company you owned stock in or were employed by thaking direction from a bunch of uninformed FANATICS. I think not.

So people don't accuse me of hiding behind a screen name,

Brett Tulloss

Well stated. Good post! :thumbsup:

I just sent Coach V an email stating our intentions to raise money to purchase naming rights to something. I asked for his involvement so that hopefully more people on GMG would get serious about donating (if they can afford it). I stated that it was a win-win situation: That the athletic dept. would be getting some money and that GMG would get some more exposure for the alumni and students to stay involved with the University and what is going on. I also said that maybe we could start a pledge drive dollar for dollar with another donor that he may have lined up as someone else suggested. I will keep everyone posted as to what he says.

We def. do not need anymore negative posts on this thread incase he decides to come take a look over here.

They wanna rename the SuperPit? :blink:

I'm down with throwing a small amount in. I don't have alot to give either, every little bit helps if we all throw in some.

Harris Miers Arena?

I think deciding on ONE item on that list we want to raise the money for and sticking with that is a good start...

Edited by JayDub

Harris Miers Arena?

I think deciding on ONE item on that list we want to raise the money for and sticking with that is a good start...

I dont have much but I cant throw down some moola. Lets go after something bigger than a locker though, something people can actually see. I know that would be expensive but if we can get a doner/corporation to match us on money we raise this is a possibilitty. What are our sponsers, Wells Fargo, etc?

Good luck,. you should know rv is not fond of this board. he has posted here but dislikes many of the opinions expressed here. most ads do not like their school message boards.

--- The President ( and friends) hates the media also. They don't like things said that they don't agree with or that they don't want publicized or their actions criticized. Good ol" Nixon was trying to even have the FCC pull the broadcasting licenses of various stations that was reporting stories about Watergate. Not everything said in the media or here is accurate but we have a right to say them.

--- This a good idea but someone needs to set up an account somehow with a couple of names or so on it to control the funds or accept pledges..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66