Stuff to do in San Antonio next month?

JesseMartin

What's everybody planning other than the game? I tried to look up concerts and the only mass list ready for next month that I found was mostly local music, which I'm fine with if there's something cool. Alamo Comic Con is that weekend, so we're going to that Sunday. 

What's going on Friday night and before the game on SaturdayI? I assume there will be plenty of tailgating but if there's something going on early in the day we can do that. Is there going to be any sort of meet up Friday night?

• Upvote 1

I heard the alumni association may try to get something together for that game Friday but it looks unlikely. 

I was thinking of hosting a little something at the Pearl -- where I live (don't be creepy) -- for friends etc. 

The Pearl has a new Jazz bar if you are down for that kind of stuff. Else, the usually San Antonio stuff. The best stuff is local, but it isn't for everyone. I am not a big River Walk kind of guy, but the tourists love it so you may also. 

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Isn't there an eating establishment owned by a North Texas alum?  I thought I remembered reading that on here a couple of years ago.  Anybody else recall this, or am I just confused?

I think you're right, but with all of the news we constantly get about alumni, I usually skim and don't commit it all to memory, especially as rarely as I'm even in Texas, let alone SA.  Does anybody else know for sure?  I'll definitely give my business to a UNT alum.  Did they do away with the Alumni Business Directory?  They could easily get an intern to do one online if it's not in the pipeline already.  Having something like this available is a must.

6 hours ago, aztecskin said:

I heard the alumni association may try to get something together for that game Friday but it looks unlikely. 

I was thinking of hosting a little something at the Pearl -- where I live (don't be creepy) -- for friends etc. 

The Pearl has a new Jazz bar if you are down for that kind of stuff. Else, the usually San Antonio stuff. The best stuff is local, but it isn't for everyone. I am not a big River Walk kind of guy, but the tourists love it so you may also. 

Absent an actual alumni event (which would be awesome if they put one together), I'd probably be down for the Pearl, if my girlfriend is good with it.  It's just weird that there would be a game in Texas and that they wouldn't want to put something together, especially within reasonable driving distance from the DFW area.  2 years ago against UTEP, I set up at a bar with an awesome live band since nothing was planned...nobody came, but we have enough alumni that we should always be able to provide a presence, at least at games in Texas, for people to get together if they want to.

5 hours ago, pastorgrant said:

On 9/28/2016 at 6:56 PM, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Casa Rio

I may have been to one of those but couldn't figure it out online...I had awesome enchiladas at a place on the Riverwalk that also has a street front...if you go in from the RW, there are a few tables and then a staircase to a couple more where the door is that leads to the part of the restaurant that is on the street.  Did that make sense?  Is that either of those?

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

To share, maybe...but the girlfriend can't have more than a bite or two of sugary stuff because of blood sugar issues, so that's not happening for this trip!

1 hour ago, Monkeypox said:

Lulu's is my everything. I go there for the chicken fried steak w/queso. 

OMG I actually make that when I am craving something really bad for me for a cheat meal. Is it better than homemade?

17 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

I think you're right, but with all of the news we constantly get about alumni, I usually skim and don't commit it all to memory, especially as rarely as I'm even in Texas, let alone SA.  Does anybody else know for sure?  I'll definitely give my business to a UNT alum.  Did they do away with the Alumni Business Directory?  They could easily get an intern to do one online if it's not in the pipeline already.  Having something like this available is a must.

Absent an actual alumni event (which would be awesome if they put one together), I'd probably be down for the Pearl, if my girlfriend is good with it.  It's just weird that there would be a game in Texas and that they wouldn't want to put something together, especially within reasonable driving distance from the DFW area.  2 years ago against UTEP, I set up at a bar with an awesome live band since nothing was planned...nobody came, but we have enough alumni that we should always be able to provide a presence, at least at games in Texas, for people to get together if they want to.

I may have been to one of those but couldn't figure it out online...I had awesome enchiladas at a place on the Riverwalk that also has a street front...if you go in from the RW, there are a few tables and then a staircase to a couple more where the door is that leads to the part of the restaurant that is on the street.  Did that make sense?  Is that either of those?

To share, maybe...but the girlfriend can't have more than a bite or two of sugary stuff because of blood sugar issues, so that's not happening for this trip!

Tito's is in the King Williams district (walking distance from the Riverwalk). The wife and I stayed at Eva's Escape at the Gardenia (highly recommended for married couples), and it is next door to Tito's. 

• Upvote 1