Baylor AD Ian McCaw Resigns

UNTexas

I don't know who knew what down in Waco but there might be some good athletic department staff looking to jump ship. Not everyone at that athletic department was involved in the cover up and we need qualified people. Just a thought...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ian-mccaw-baylor-athletic-director-resigns-in-wake-of-football-scandal-053016.amp.html#

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 4

Hmm.  Man he has a lot of great experience prior to the incident.  I just don't know if the stink of this Briles rape deal can come off of you for a long time perhaps even your career.  The timing makes it interesting.

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Hmm.  Man he has a lot of great experience prior to the incident.  I just don't know if the stink of this Briles rape deal can come off of you for a long time perhaps even your career.  The timing makes it interesting.

Not only no, but hell no to McCaw.  I honestly thought Drew and the basketball team was dirty from Day One and believed he would be the first to get caught.  This all stems from the top.  McCaw knew about and allowed this behavior.  There is no way we should even entertain the idea of hiring McCaw.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Not only no, but hell no to McCaw.  I honestly thought Drew and the basketball team was dirty from Day One and believed he would be the first to get caught.  This all stems from the top.  McCaw knew about and allowed this behavior.  There is no way we should even entertain the idea of hiring McCaw.

^

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I haven't read the report.  What did it say about McCaw and his involvement?  Are we sure he was involved at all?  If not, why not take a good look at this guy??  If he was, then I agree to move on to other options.  I jut don't know the caliber of AD's out there willing to change from their current situation to UNT.....If there is an up and comer at a smaller school....may be worth the chance......  There are a lot of unknowns...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I haven't read the report.  What did it say about McCaw and his involvement?  Are we sure he was involved at all?  If not, why not take a good look at this guy??  If he was, then I agree to move on to other options.  I jut don't know the caliber of AD's out there willing to change from their current situation to UNT.....If there is an up and comer at a smaller school....may be worth the chance......  There are a lot of unknowns...

Even if he wasn't involved, do you want an AD that something of this nature occurs under his leadership and he is clueless?  That is like Ken Lay and Enron. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, foutsrouts said:

I don't want anyone's dirty laundry.

Plenty of skidmarks on the Baylor laundry, that's for sure. Until I looked up his bio I didn't realize that McCaw has been entrenched at Baylor since 2003.