has anyone seen this?

MeanGreen13

This is quality trolling here! can't wait for us to be able to say this about our state, though It would take a whole season worth of games to fully claim Texas.

I love the swagger from ECU fans though. they really are the redheaded stepchild in north carolina... kinda like us for the last 10 years.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24722938/photo-east-carolina-gets-its-billboard-smack-talk-on

• Upvote 2

I would consider get a plane banner to fly over UTSA with the final score on it if we beat them.

That's an awesome idea.

If y'all beat us...I would like to see that.

All you gmg folks need come on down to SA in November and support your team. Unless you're just a miserable person to begin with you're almost guaranteed to have a good time. (win or lose)

We're typically very hospitable to our opponent fans.

Edited by UTSA Paratrooper 04
  • Upvote 7

This is quality trolling here! can't wait for us to be able to say this about our state, though It would take a whole season worth of games to fully claim Texas.

I love the swagger from ECU fans though. they really are the redheaded stepchild in north carolina... kinda like us for the last 10 years.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24722938/photo-east-carolina-gets-its-billboard-smack-talk-on

Yeah, I bet UNC and NC State will really schedule ECU a lot over the next few decades in football....

ECU is just stuck, period. They have great support, a solid reputation, and a nice tradition of success--and they will always be a G5 program. They have no market to sell and their academics don't come close to measuring up to the P5 conferences. They are stuck--no North Carolina team will ever let them in the ACC, the SEC won't take them, nor will the Big Ten. They would be a good travel partenr for West Virginia in the Big XII, but so would Cincy, who has more benefits to a conference than ECU ever will. Heck, so do USF and UCF.

So, as awesome as that billboard is to the ECU faithful, all it really does is reinforce why UNC, NC State, and Duke are better off not to ever play them anymore.

Usually, I root hard for a G5 program against the big bad P5 teams, but I have no respect for ECU--they screwed our conference by mandating that CUSA add local powerhouses Charlotte and Old Dominion to give them more regional opponents, even though they hadn't played a down of FBS football, then bolted as soon as they possibly could to the AAC, leaving us with tow programs that were perfect fits for the SBC, not CUSA. Maybe I should hate Britton Banowsky for that, but ECU held him hostage with this stupidity.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1

That's an awesome idea.

If y'all beat us...I would like to see that.

All you gmg folks need come on down to SA in November and support your team. Unless you're just a miserable person to begin with you're almost guaranteed to have a good time. (win or lose)

We're typically very hospitable to our opponent fans.

I wish it was any other weekend, but that one is a family weekend for us. Disappointing.

Usually, I root hard for a G5 program against the big bad P5 teams, but I have no respect for ECU--they screwed our conference by mandating that CUSA add local powerhouses Charlotte and Old Dominion to give them more regional opponents, even though they hadn't played a down of FBS football, then bolted as oon as they possibly could to the AAC, leaving us with tow programs that were perfect fits for the SBC, not CUSA. Maybe I should hate Britton Banowsky for that, but ECU held him hostage with this stupidity.

We'll see about Charlotte but I think ODU is already a better addition than either Florida school or any of the current Sun Belt schools.

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 1

I totally agree with jim1995 on his first posting; not so much on the second.

East Carolina has a great fan base and have been competitive of late but they likely killed any future games with any of the four North Carolina ACC members with their actions after the win. That would also include membership in any P5 conference. They have neither the market nor the academics to force acceptance.

Houston, on the other hand, could very well become a member of the Big 12 in the future. Houston is much larger, in a much larger market, has much better academics, and has been there before (top conference). They'll also be a Tier 1 research university which will carry a lot of weight.

I also agree with Gooding re ULL and Arkansas State. As far as attendance, both are superior to ODU. In spite of sellouts, Old Dominion's stadium only holds 20,118. Louisiana and ASU both are now averaging attendance in the 30s. Each has been in Division 1-A for more than 25 years and definitely deserve the chance to move up. ULL has been a multiple bowl champion. In time, ODU and Charlotte might be the better members but for now I believe that the reputation of CUSA was weakened by taking FBS startups.

I totally agree with jim1995 on his first posting; not so much on the second.

East Carolina has a great fan base and have been competitive of late but they likely killed any future games with any of the four North Carolina ACC members with their actions after the win. That would also include membership in any P5 conference. They have neither the market nor the academics to force acceptance.

Houston, on the other hand, could very well become a member of the Big 12 in the future. Houston is much larger, in a much larger market, has much better academics, and has been there before (top conference). They'll also be a Tier 1 research university which will carry a lot of weight.

I also agree with Gooding re ULL and Arkansas State. As far as attendance, both are superior to ODU. In spite of sellouts, Old Dominion's stadium only holds 20,118. Louisiana and ASU both are now averaging attendance in the 30s. Each has been in Division 1-A for more than 25 years and definitely deserve the chance to move up. ULL has been a multiple bowl champion. In time, ODU and Charlotte might be the better members but for now I believe that the reputation of CUSA was weakened by taking FBS startups.

No way Texas, Tech, or Baylor will allow UH into the Big XII. That was proven when they moved TCU into the conference. Yes, TCU was on a high, but they are small and don't have great attendance. UH would've been a much better replacement for Texas A&M, both from a proximity standpoint, as well as being a large public school. Instead, they grabbed TCU--UH has proven over time that when they are able to compete at a high level, as they got to in the 70s and 80s with the SWC, they can be formidable. TCU had only proven that they could be formidable when they WEREN"T playing in a conference with former SWC public schools. That's why they are in the Big XII.

And I would love ULL and Arkansas State in CUSA--I'd take them right now, too, if it meant never playing Charlotte, Old Dominion, or an F_U ever again.

CUSA letting 3 new FBS programs + F_U schools into the conference was a mistake that will drag this conference down for years, if not forever. If there is any way whatsoever to push out Universities it needs to happen immediately. Not to sound like a SMU fan, just speaking in what is the best interest for CUSU. They dropped the ball due to panic, they need to pick the ball up and fix their mistakes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

CUSA letting 3 new FBS programs + F_U schools into the conference was a mistake that will drag this conference down for years, if not forever. If there is any way whatsoever to push out Universities it needs to happen immediately. Not to sound like a SMU fan, just speaking in what is the best interest for CUSU. They dropped the ball due to panic, they need to pick the ball up and fix their mistakes.

my word...that nickname is just spot on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Market is a made up ideology. Oxford, Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, StarkVegas, Tallahassee, Auburn, Norman, Stillwater, Baylor, Fayetteville, Clemson, Corvallis, Morgantown, etc. The list goes on and on. There are a lot of highly successful, tradition rich Universities that excel beyond imagination with a small market. ULL would do nothing to CUSA except increase revenue, boost conference attendance, create more rivalries, etc. ULL missing the cut into CUSA was a big mistake.

Market is a made up ideology. Oxford, Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, StarkVegas, Tallahassee, Auburn, Norman, Stillwater, Baylor, Fayetteville, Clemson, Corvallis, Morgantown, etc. The list goes on and on. There are a lot of highly successful, tradition rich Universities that excel beyond imagination with a small market. ULL would do nothing to CUSA except increase revenue, boost conference attendance, create more rivalries, etc. ULL missing the cut into CUSA was a big mistake.

I don't disagree on ULL or Ark st. I would love to have them. Where we differ is your opinion of ODU. Another quick fact. ODU as an FCS team averaged 20k in home attendance. Not bad. What makes this stat more impressive is they only have a 20k seat stadium. They are building a 30k seat stadium.

They will be at the top of CUSA much sooner than anyone thinks.

Edited by HoustonEagle

About five years ago, the student newspaper at UNC published a condescending editorial stating that ECU was now "ready" for the Big East and should be admitted immediately. The fact is, at least in football and in most years, ECU would be one of the top teams in the ACC much less the former Big East. The academic argument has gone away...look at Louisville now in the ACC. Plus, its not like ECU is Sul Ross State. When was the last time someone held Mississippi State up as a paragon of academic prowess?

As far as ODU goes, watch out. Sure their attendance is only 20,000 but that is what their stadium holds. They never planned to be playing D1 football so soon after resuming football and are working hard to build a new stadium similar in size to Apogee. The Lt Governor is from Norfolk and he is lobbying hard to make this happen. As usual, politics are in play so will will see what happens.

Edited by letsgiveacheer

Well, I think that you are correct about ODU being on the up and up, but ULL still brings more to the table ands it's not close, at least in my book. And there is 0 debate that both ULL & Astate brings more to the table than either Florida school and Charlotte, agree?

I basically agree except that Charlotte is well known for basketball.

About five years ago, the student newspaper at UNC published a condescending editorial stating that ECU was now "ready" for the Big East and should be admitted immediately. The fact is, at least in football and in most years, ECU would be one of the top teams in the ACC much less the former Big East. The academic argument has gone away...look at Louisville now in the ACC. Plus, its not like ECU is Sul Ross State. When was the last time someone held Mississippi State up as a paragon of academic prowess?

As far as ODU goes, watch out. Sure their attendance is only 20,000 but that is what their stadium holds. They never planned to be playing D1 football so soon after resuming football and are working hard to build a new stadium similar in size to Apogee. The Lt Governor is from Norfolk and he is lobbying hard to make this happen. As usual, politics are in play so will will see what happens.

actually... Louisville is a tier 1 research university... just saying. we have a top notch medical school and a top 100 law school. school of engineering is in the top 50 i believe and business/entrepreneurship is pretty good as well. Louisville, top to bottom, is easily a better school than you are giving them credit for. the ACC does have some of the better schools in the country though so I understand how that misconception is propagated comparatively.